Panther cars

kismet

Every time I give Panther cars a second chance they blow it yet again with their rude,incompatent service - for instance - demanding a full postcode from a pickup in Nunhead to Peckham at 1 o clock in the morning, without which they wouldnt come outbecause the driver couldnt drive without sat nav....(for a lone female, I had to walk to the nearest petrol station to ask) - charging 2 pounds extra to take a kitten with a sore paw to the vet - not driving across the road to drop off an elderly disabled man -rude phone manner -I will NEVER book them again. Dulwich cars are much better.

Welcome to the forum kismet

I just wanted to say that we recently used Panther cars to take us to Heathrow and pick us up on our return. They were on time, the car was clean and the driver was very polite. Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience when ours was actually very good.

Helen

genwilliams Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They're okay but I don't really understand the

> pets surcharge. I had to pay ?1.50 extra yesterday

> for the inclusion of a hamster in a cage - it's

> not like any debris was left in the car!

OMG, that's just MEAN!! :'(

dulwich cars have really upset me to be honest, i have used them 4 times in the last 2 months to take my son (aged 13) over to his club in croydon and twice the driver ended up in streatham! My son travels alone and we always pay the cab at our door and give the driver the post code for his sat nav to get my son to the correct address and my son has his mobile but I wont be using them ever again as my son has been so upset on the 2 occasions he was so late. I dont understand how anyone can mix up streatham and croydon!

I always use Panther, never any problems. Receptionists fine, they always have a driver available, if

there's going to be a bit of a wait, they give an accurate time. Some of the cars aren't sleek limos for sure,

but a slightly shabby vehicle isn't a probelm if it gets me from a to b.

• 2 months later...

Unreliable! I will NOT use Panther cars again.

I booked a taxi to take my dad to Clapham Junction for 5.30am to catch a train to Gatwick airport. I made the booking the day before, with plenty of notice.

When the taxi hadn't arrived at 5.35am, I called and the woman who answered sounded half asleep. When I mentioned the booking she seemed to wake up and suddenly remember it. She then said the taxi was two minutes away and was held up by a previous booking. It was obvious when the taxi then arrived ten minutes later that she had only just sent out the order. Consequently my dad missed his train, wasted money on a pointless taxi journey (?16) and a train ticket he had previously booked to Gatwick airport (?9) and had to buy a second ticket to the airport (?17.90).

This in addition to the added stress of getting to the airport in time means that I would NOT recommend Panther cars if you are looking for a reliable and good taxi service.

Same here i had booked a taxi for my mother who was arriving from ny to heathrow. I phoned and booked up to a WEEK in advance come the evening of arrival my mother phoned me pretty much upset after long haul flight the cab was nowhere in sight. I phoned panther back not even an appology. I phoned Dulwich cars had a driver at the airport thank God (overcharged ?52, to come back to Dulwich, As on the ad board i have seen since then the price was less around ?32) needless to say i will also never use panther cars again.

toomanykids Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> dulwich cars have really upset me to be honest, i

> have used them 4 times in the last 2 months to

> take my son (aged 13) over to his club in croydon

> and twice the driver ended up in streatham! ....

> I dont understand how

> anyone can mix up streatham and croydon!

We had the same issue with Dulwich cars. My boyfriend was due to be at club he was playing at for 5am. At 5:30am the driver was saying he was outside our house. We were but he wasn't. We finally found out he was in Streatham - we are SE22. It took 10mins of ringing the office number (despite them advertising as 24hrs) for someone in the office to wake up and answer. Completely useless.

We have, so far (touch wood), had no issues with Panther. If there is another compnay that people would recommend though that would be great as we have an airport run coming up.

• 2 months later...
Personally I will never use Keen Cars again having had a terrible experience. I had to take my small dog (in a carrier) to the vet and ordered a cab there and back. On the way there the driver turned up on time and all was well - he was pretty grumpy but I can handle that. I had ordered the return journey for 11.30 and at 11.30 my mobile started ringing. I was just finishing up with the vet so couldn't pick up but I knew I'd be out in a couple of minutes. As I paid the bill, by now it was 11.33, I tried to ring the driver about 5 times; each time it was engaged. I got out the door of the vet's at 11.35 (5 minutes after the booked time) to see the cab driving off. I ran after the car and knocked on the window only to be greeted by a torrent of shouted abuse from the driver telling me he'd tried to call and been in to the vet to see if I was there (he hadn't) and that he couldn't wait all day. I pointed out it was 5 minutes and that I had tried to call him 5 times. He told me I was a liar and drove off. I was absolutely livid and also pretty concerned. I was left with my very old sick dog and no way of getting home. I phoned the office who apologised and said another car would be along shortly. Twenty minutes later I was still standing there - when I called back I was told there was no one available and I would have to wait. I told them to forget it and struggled home on the bus. Absolutely the worse cab company I've ever used. Avoid.

we agree with kismet - we booked them to take us to the airport, making sure they knew there were 6 of us, so needed a larger car - they turned up with a small one and then promised us a bigger one which didn't turn up! nearly missed the plane! I've given them lots of second chances, like kismet, over the last 14 years but this is IT.

Have used all the local companies mentioned on this thread and none of them are brilliant. Bit of a lottery - hence people having both good and bad experiences. Personally, if I'm catching a flight I won't use any of them because of the gamble.

Camberwell Cars are a bit better in terms of reliability but certainly aren't perfect.

For airports - ADS every time.

Hi all,

I find Dulwich Cars have varying prices when it comes to jobs and the board they advertise must be out of date. None of the prices listed seem to be correct. I have not used Panther cars so I cannot comment on them.

I would recommend Mason & Green, a newer company in the area. I used them a few times now and have never been disappointed with them. If they cannot do a job due to lack of drivers they will tell you, they will not take the booking on a promise. Having said that I used them for a Clapham Junction pick up the first time, the prices was good! I then booked with them to go to Heathrow and then return a few days later, the car arrived on time on the journey out and on the return the driver was waiting at the information desk as the operator had told me at the time of booking.

The office staff have a very polite manner and the drivers I have had are really friendly. Give them a try and see how you feel.

Luv

edjoanne

Archived