Whippersnappers - Dulwich Park

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I'm sure it will be moved if not :-)

Just back from attending a Friday Whippersnappers session in SE1 and Penny who runs the session tells me there has not been much interest as yet in the classes held at The Lodge, Old College Gate, Dulwich Park.

I'm not sure if you have to pay for these sessions but they are held on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday mornings.

For more info see the Whippersnappers website.

Ally

The location puts me off - I like whippersnappers but wish they had a class in East Dulwich - the Goose Green centre or somewhere. I don't mind paying - the free class they do at the Albrighton centre is always bedlam...I would rather pay and at least have a chance of my child engaging in the class!!

Agree with ClareC - Dulwich park pretty close (much easier to get to than Brockwell Park). Am not their target audience but haven't seen any promotion for this at all, and the place in the park has some pretty discreet signage, so maybe they need to do more promotion. Also think that price is expensive!

It's quite fun - they are based at brockwell lido, and have a free (sure start?) class at the albrighton centre on Wednesday's. Chaotic and loud and drums and stories. I like it but the Wednesday one is soo busy...

They do have a website...on phone so can't link atm...

• 4 weeks later...

Mrs Whippersnapper here to reply to all your great comments. Yes we have opened an new "Inclusive Community Arts Centre" in College Lodge , Dulwich park and we have kept it quite low key as we are just finishing all the snagging issues. We raised ?250,000 from Lambeth and Southwark Aiming High and have converted this beautiful victorian Park Keeper's Lodge into a fully accessible community building. We have an enclosed garden,accessible toilet, accessible kitchen,dinning area and a shop downstairs. There is a state of the art lift that takes you upstairs to a workshop space, arts and crafts room and fully accessible toilet / shower room with a hoist and adult size changing bed.

Our main premises is at Brockwell Lido where we have a large performance space with theatre lights, bubble machines, protectors,a matted floor area, puppet theatre and stage. We've been at the Lido 17 years and are Ofsted registered.We run underfives classes, after school clubs, summer holiday playschemes, adult drumming, dance and martial arts classes as well as youth clubs, theatre shows and inclusive fundays.

In relation to our free music classes in Dulwich at Rye oak, Albrighton and Dulwich Wood Children's Centre - we must say a big thank you to Southwark Council who have comissioned us for the past 6 years to offer free classes in your area. Unfortunately this funding is just about to come to an end due to council cuts so our last classes will be Wed July 20th.

If any of you want us to set up a class in East Dulwich just email me or give us a call on 0207 738 66 33.Goose green Centre sounds interesting. You can visit our website at www.whippersnappers.org to find out where your nearest class is. We offer booked and drop in classes. Our prices for 1 hour at The Lido and 50 minutes at College Lodge are ?8 / ?5.50 concs siblings paying ?11/ ?8 concs. To qualify for concessions you must be on working Family Tax Credit or Income support. All children with disabilities can attend free of charge.There is a discount if you book for the term and free tea and coffee in our cafe for parents/carers attending College Lodge classes.

By the way we welcome all your feedback and a big thankyou to everyone who has helped us along the way - it's not been an easy 17 year journey but it's been incredibly rewarding.

Mrs Whippersnapper and Crew