three ex Charter students killed in crash in Thailand

Gosh, that has hit home! My thoughts go out to the families. I heard that the parents of one of the children is going to have to pay a very large sum to have their son repatriated (no travel insurance). Is there anything we can do as a community to help them?

EDmummy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Gosh, that has hit home! My thoughts go out to

> the families. I heard that the parents of one of

> the children is going to have to pay a very large

> sum to have their son repatriated (no travel

> insurance). Is there anything we can do as a

> community to help them?

That is so terrible. Will try and find out if this is the case, my son knew them. If so what a lovely thought Edmummy, count me in, what could we do?

Horrible as this is for the boy's parents, friends and teachers - nastier still is a kneejerk, left wing, response by a Guardian writer Kia Abdullah to gap year students with double barreled names, on Twitter.

She has since deleted the offending tweet but it remains available on the web for us to see how unpleasant some people can be.

Guido Fawkes Blog Site

I called Charter yesterday to ask about fund raising but have not heard back. If they cannot help, I would be happy to collect money at my shop, near the school, as I have already had many customers wanting to contribute something. However I would not know where to send the money. Many parents from other schools have kindly offered cash help and I hope somehow something helpful can be done. This is just an awful awful tragedy.