21st birthday present for Godaughter - Help!!

Am completely at a loss. Budget of around ?100. She's lovely, but, it must be said, fairly shallow. Her hobbies are shopping, handbags and 'being seen', she lives with her Dad (parents separated). Mum earns a good salary so is able to treat her to nice jewelry & bits - has bought her a cartier watch for her birthday. So she already has a good collection of pearls (I understand they're the traditional 21st gift).

Any idea's?

At all?

I know she's got jewellery but hows about taking her to Links or London or somewhere similar and get her to choose and have a glass of champers somewhere afterwards so it's a nice girlie trip and she gets something that she likes?

What about volunteering to be the photographer for the night and then presenting her with a collage of some kind or book of images from the celebrations? I'm sure you could find something along these lines on the internet...

Personally I always just gave them ?210 in pristine notes presented in a naff '21st' mug which always went down a treat!

Small piece of antique bijou? A jewelry box or champagne glass with her name engraved? Minispa day for the two of you, or for her and a mate if you're not the spa type? Rainbow roses? Take her shopping for a fab birthday dress, or an original piece of artwork? Monogramed bathrobe and slippers, or monogramed silk throw pillows for her bed? I'm sure she'll like whatever you get her b/c it came from you. :)

How about something like this from Tiffanys?

http://www.tiffany.co.uk/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP02982&mcat=148204&cid=563629&search_params=s+5-p+1-c+563629-r+201432137-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

It sounds from your description of her that she might get a kick out of the little blue box, it's in budget and pretty classic so will last her forever.

Hadn't got to the bottom of this thread and was also thinking Tiffanys so do echo sophiechristophy, but do think carefully what colour jewelry she goes for - gold / silver?

Other than that can you compile photos from her childhood and present her with an album through the years of her / the family.

Good luck - I have a godson, which I think will be even more difficult when we get there but he is only 10 at the moment.

Sounds like she is already sorted for jewellery and expensive gifts! How about spending the budget on taking her out to dinner somewhere special, like the Wolseley and use it as an opportunity to spend quality time together and celebrate the young woman she is becoming. I would have loved to have an adult outside my family take a special interest in my development. Godparents are a wonderful concept!

What a lucky goddaughter! My godmother was amazing, like Joyce Grenfell, she was from another era really, but she died when I was 16, I'm sure she would have been even more amazing to have in my life as an adult... As she had no children I'm lucky to have a beautiful piece of her jewellery (a gold ring with a huge green stone, I love it).

Anyway I totally digress but think it's lovely that you're being so thoughtful and I suppose my point is jewellery is always fantastic even if you have a lot! A fab cocktail ring is a great reminder of a funky godmother!! Otherwise photobooks (like on photobox.co.uk) are always amazing but mucho time-consuming... Let us know what you decide!

Agree astley clarke lovely, also second the nina christie thing - I got some lovely earrings there for myself which wd be in budget, and also pendants for my sisters in law (she does birthstones - you could get her something with her birthstone?) - for under your budget too.

You could ask her if there's something she'd like - a show she'd like to see for e.g.?

ooh, some lovely ideas for gifts here - thank you so much forumites, I just knew you'd come up trumps.

I do like the pretty Tiffany bracelet, & you're right SC - she would really go for the whole blue box thing! I'll check out Nina Christie too NM, Thankyou, also the astley clarke stuff is just so pretty. I think I'll definitely go for jewelry. The day/meal out ideas are lovely, but she lives some distance away in the Midlands so very complex for me to organise. Her Mum & I are taking her out to a posh London hotel for lunch on her actual birthday though.