no water

We also have no water in entire building (four flats) at the top of Lordship Lane. This sounds like it's a problem outside of the house rather than pipes internally - not ideal for the next few days!

Unfortunately after 30 mins on hold to Thames Water yesterday had to give up.

Yes thanks chazzle - you obviously have more patience than me - much appreciated. I'm also based in that area so sounds like probably little point in hassling them too as they are working on it.

Will report on whether it has worked when I get back from work. Really hoping to be able to have a warm shower tomorrow morning!

Thanks

The Thames Water incident map also shows a large area from the top end of Lordship Lane (Library up towards Forest Hill) which is said to have no water/low pressure due to faulty equipment and leaks, both of which are being worked on. Not sure if that would also affect the rest of SE22.

No water here yesterday and earlier today which was quickly established to be just this flat. I don't know if this is relevant to your situ, charmanar but we now have water after a DIY solution involving a tarpaulin, an extension cable and a fan heater pointed at the wall where the supply enters the flat. Pipes are buried in the wall.....wall warmed up bit by bit.....water was restored! The pressure is a bit weak at the moment, but I think that's the leak on LL reported above.

So spamming on Twitter and Facebook seems to have more luck than calling - still no water at top of Lordship Lane since Tuesday.

Received this from TW today "You may have a water supply issue if you live in SW16, SE15, SE19, SE21, SE22, SE23, SE25, SE26 and SE27 areas. The Crystal Palace boosters aren't working as they should and we're on our way to investigate. If you'd like regular text updates please provide your mobile number."

Registered for updates so will keep posted as and when I receive them. In the meantime I think social media complaining is more likely to get a response.

Yep. If they don't respond on Twitter, many people see that.

If they don't answer the phone (but to be fair, they must be inundated with calls at the moment plus possibly staff haven't been able to get to work) only the caller knows.

Plus possibly whoever runs Twitter could work from home if necessary.

charmanar Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Still not a drop of water. And now the boiler has broken. Bloody snow!

Probably your boiler's condensation pipe (which runs outside) is frozen up. It should have a warning light on it, though you might have to google for a manual to find out what they mean.

If it is, then a few kettles of hot water should melt it.