Opening a Tattoo Shop in ED

Showboat said:

"...As for Silverfox...wow. Were you mugged by a tattood person in your youth or something? You bigoted freak. Get a sense of perspective and stop being a hater. Or get to the Village where your way of life isn't threatened.

Disgusting..."

I don't know why you're getting your knickers in a twist, with all these accusations of hatred etc. I'm actually doing Pedro a great favour with his market research. I'm sure Pedro is sensible enough to realise that the handful of people expressing enthusiasm for the idea above and the odd butterfly on a misshapen cellulite buttock aren't going to help him put bread on the table.

If it's that good an idea why don't you put your money where your gob is and go into patnership. When it all goes pear shaped and you're pushing your inks and needles down Lordship lane in a broken Sainsbury's trolley don't blame me.

You're either a total troll or the kind of person who has moved here and thinks they own the place just because they have a bit of money. I actually said that market forces would determine if it would be a success. I also said I didn't personally like tattoos but wasn't about to impose my beliefs on others.

You're the one who thinks only the lower classes and criminals should have them. You're either a prejucied idiot or totally twisted.

Either way I wash my hands of bigots like you, this thread and this forum. Have a nice life.

silverfox Wrote:

I'm sure Pedro is sensible enough

> to realise that the handful of people expressing

> enthusiasm for the idea above and the odd

> butterfly on a misshapen cellulite buttock aren't

> going to help him put bread on the table.

OH MY GOD!!!! You small minded little man!!! As for the cost of tattoos as you previously mentioned, tattoos are now seen as art work and their price is reflected in the time, detail and expertise of each individual tattoo artist. Im sure that if the tattoos are of high quality then this will in face put more than just bread on the table!!!

Just out of interest how long have you lived in Dulwich??????

Hi DulwichFox

Im certainly very serious about the plan. The activity on the forum is more than I had hoped and im taking note on ALL your opinions and views.

Try and stay on topic and not to get too caught up in arguments and stereotyping, thats not what im trying to achieve in the slightest.

Thanks

Pete

pedropowers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi DulwichFox

>

> Im certainly very serious about the plan. The

> activity on the forum is more than I had hoped and

> im taking note on ALL your opinions and views.

>

> Try and stay on topic and not to get too caught up

> in arguments and stereotyping, thats not what im

> trying to achieve in the slightest.

>

> Thanks

>

> Pete

Hi Pete...

Is this a new venture.. ? Have you worked in this field before.. I don't know how someone becomes

a Tattooist / Tattoo artist. Presumable you have to be trained.. Where does someone learn this trade.

Setting up any business in todays climate is risky. I wonder how many of the people who have given you

positive feedback will actually become customers.. Tattoos are not something people have every day like food.

I had a shop in Uplands Road back in 1994 . was converted to 2 flats.. as I did not want to buy a 14 year lease.

Lost a lot of my own money..

Just be carefull.

Fox.. ;-)

Horsebox

Apologies for not getting back to you

I will be making a Facebook page with alot of examples of the work my artists have produced. Please be patient as there is alot to do but I will of course keep all of the forum up to date when I get some portfolio's and some images that I can really use.

Thanks

Pete

silverfox Wrote:

>

the odd

> butterfly on a misshapen cellulite buttock aren't

> going to help him put bread on the table.

Nice casual misogyny silverfox. You chose your forum moniker from a sense of irony or genuine egomania?

RosieH Wrote:

> silverfox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> >

> the odd

> > butterfly on a misshapen cellulite buttock

> aren't

> > going to help him put bread on the table.

>

> Nice casual misogyny silverfox. You chose your

> forum moniker from a sense of irony or genuine

> egomania?

Phew! For a moment there I thought it was MY arse he was talking about - okay a butterfly with Richard Nixon's face IS a bit odd but cellulite?! I had just been sitting on a gravel path is all.

I'd like to see a tattoo parlour for a bit of diversity - true, I don't have any ink myself (seriously, is anyone able to type "ink" without their arse winking so badly it actually turns inside out?)

I miss the days of Inside 72, and at the weekend I saw a few Hoxton types savouring the flavours of Northcross, and just now had a dandy get on my 63 bus, and I thanked god for the not-quite-homogeneity.

Give me an S&M shop and a Hampstead Bazaar and one of those shops that sells those really ugly DM-type boots with six inch platforms and stripy socks while you're at it.

RosieH Wrote:

> Give me an S&M shop and a Hampstead Bazaar and one

> of those shops that sells those really ugly

> DM-type boots with six inch platforms and stripy

> socks while you're at it.

You mean one of these?.

Sorry Mr Admin, couldn't resist.

Open the parlour your now well known and on the map.

Back in the old days tattoos were mainly hard nuts and criminals,not many professionals had them apart from army and some police officers.

Lets face it, now its a differant ball game its trendy artistic and can be a work of art.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea but live and let live who cares its your skins.

If you can afford a shop in ED,go for it.

I think it would be a success.

Pedro - I think you have been very balanced and open to people's views, and that's commendable. My brother is a tattoo artist (though currently lives and works abroad), so I fully appreciate your point about the unhelpful associations people make re tattoos/tattoo artists.

I think in principle, it's a good idea - I'd say ED is somewhere people come to shop etc now, so why not for a tattoo? As a previous poster has said, you'd no doubt attract clients from the rest of the city, so you're probably not just thinking of local residents. That said, it would be interesting to know if you're planning a shop that focuses mainly on 'walk in trade' or if you'd do more bespoke, freehand pieces by appointment only? If the latter then I would say to discount some of the views here re lack of interest: people will travel to you for the work from a lot further than London if you're good at what you do. But if you're located somewhere that's pleasant to visit, with other attractions - nice shops, pubs etc - that can only be a good thing for a new business.

pedropowers Wrote:

> Horsebox

>

> Apologies for not getting back to you

>

> I will be making a Facebook page with alot of

> examples of the work my artists have produced.

> Please be patient as there is alot to do but I

> will of course keep all of the forum up to date

> when I get some portfolio's and some images that I

> can really use.

>

> Thanks

>

> Pete

Awesome!

I would love a tattoo parlour in ED! Good luck!

There was and I think there still is a stigma attached to tattoos. They used to be associated with the working and criminal classes.

Like it or not people still judge you for having tattoos and it could effect your job prospects.

I think in Dulwich you would attract an older clientele. I know a few people who have their first tattoos at 50.

Pedro you need a website and hope you're not winding us up.

Keep an eye out for you while I'm up and down teaching learner drivers.

i think the debate about where and how Pedro executes his shop is more interesting than slagging each other off ruthlessly and endlessly (whilst mildly entertaining... sometimes it gets a bit depressing, no? and a bit like bullying? - sorry i admit i was an early adopter by calling SF a snob.)

I like the guys idea of the underground shop on LL.. another lady said she would prefer minimalist interiors, clean lines etc..

what im trying to say is that Pedro is thinking of opening a shop. regardless of whether YOU would get a tattoo, what kinds of IDEAS might you have as to how the shop could be a bonus to the community of ED?

as i say, one poster said something about records, hanging out.. another guy wants a shop where he can get laid around the back whilst browsing for zimmer frames.. sounds interesting.. would anyone go to a shop to browse/ hang out if it was an interesting place? Buy some stuff and if so what stuff? I would. is there a way this could appeal to the famous ED mummy brigade? tatts for babies? On their faces? :)