Protect East Dulwich (Lounged)

EXED

another one from the Forbes article:

"If you?re down for making money, we?re about to go hard in east london tonight, yes tonight!! I don?t care what ends you?re from, we?re personally inviting you to come and get it in. Police have taken the piss for too long and to be honest I don?t know why its taken so long for us make this happen. We need a minimum of 200 hungry people. We?re not broke, but who says no to free stuff. Doesn?t matter if the police arrive cos we?ll just chase dem out because as you?ve seen on the news, they are NOT ON DIS TING. Everyone meet at 7 at stratford park and let?s get rich."

> You are quite right that there is no segregation

> in ED that excludes race or dress style but if you

> have failed to notice that there are vast ethnic,

> socio-economic and dress differences between ED

> and places like Peckham you really have lost the

> plot or need to visit the opticians.

Damian, not everyone in SE22 is white, middle class, and shops in Lordship Lane boutiques. There are large council blocks at either end of the main road. My neighbours (in both my current and previous addresses) have been of varying ethnicities and had varied occupations. I think you have an inaccurate impression of the local area.

ha so if people travel outside their local area to commit crimes dh then the 50 robberies that took place in SE15 in June were commited by people from outside of peckham, from east dulwich maybe? which doesn't seem fair as only 32 robberies were reported in se22 this june.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> > You are quite right that there is no

> segregation

> > in ED that excludes race or dress style but if

> you

> > have failed to notice that there are vast

> ethnic,

> > socio-economic and dress differences between ED

> > and places like Peckham you really have lost

> the

> > plot or need to visit the opticians.

>

> Damian, not everyone in SE22 is white, middle

> class, and shops in Lordship Lane boutiques. There

> are large council blocks at either end of the main

> road. My neighbours (in both my current and

> previous addresses) have been of varying

> ethnicities and had varied occupations. I think

> you have an inaccurate impression of the local

> area.

Jeremy, I think I have made it clear that I am referring to the overwhelming majority. Tell you what - sit for a couple of hours on LL of an afternoon (as I did today by chance) and see what the general demographic is.

Fabricio the Guido Wrote:

> I have some pitchforks if anyone is interested.

haha! Probably no need though - I don't think anyone with serious intentions to take on hoodies would be stupid enough to discuss their intentions on this forum as the police would be able to identify them immediately if they seriously injured anyone. The tough guys on EDF are all mouth and no trousers.

Damian H Wrote:

> Jeremy, I think I have made it clear that I am

> referring to the overwhelming majority. Tell you

> what - sit for a couple of hours on LL of an

> afternoon (as I did today by chance) and see what

> the general demographic is.

Which part of Lordship Lane? It's a long road & not all the demographic you seem to think it is.

could this mean that the hermetically sealed bubble has actually been broken? 'my life will never be the same again' might have to uproot and head for the countryside. Might see an influx of estate agents on the streets of East Dulwich, and perhaps a gun shop?

"I already said - not all ED residents shop on LL. Many of the shops on LL cater to a narrow demographic in terms of products and pricing."

I was about to say something similar. I pop into LL if I'm looking for gifts, to browse the charity shops, occasionally to pick up something a little more special for dinner, but I primarily use Peckham and Brixton. The bottom end of LL largely caters for a very specific and quite narrow demographic. Why would it be frequented by people who may not be able to afford to shop there, or have no interest in the range of goods on offer?

benmorg Wrote:

> Fabricio the Guido Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I have some pitchforks if anyone is

> interested.

>

> haha! Probably no need though - I don't think

> anyone with serious intentions to take on hoodies

> would be stupid enough to discuss their intentions

> on this forum as the police would be able to

> identify them immediately if they seriously

> injured anyone. The tough guys on EDF are all

> mouth and no trousers.

Do you really think so BenMorg?

Seems a remarkably stupid post from you there. Firstly, you seem unable to comprehend the fact that some people might have more guts and community spirit than you and be willing to walk the talk. Secondly, what reason do you have for assuming that anything that is being proposed would be something that needed to be hidden from the police?

I think that your post is a rather transparent case of projection.

Damian H was you looking at the news, there were vigilantes The Enfield Army they called themselves which some of them had there own racist agenda. David Cameron has ordered 16,000 more police on London streets since this happen it has been quite.

am always cocerned wehn porblems laed to people saying we ned nmor police on teh stets when we all know taht the police are at best inefiecyent at woprst a pseudo criminal organasation with undreemed of powers and inefluence more plice is leke saying more buoncers wil keep teh high steets safe for peple the plice are invaraably compisd of dim wited muscle with a reichein authoritarian fetish and serouis esteme issues more musle deos not mean more peece look at libiya or syria to se this in actoin more plcie is like replastring yor wals when yor house is subsiding itno teh mud lol

Ridgley Wrote:

> I rather the police in charge of this then

> vigilantes.

I am well aware that things have quietened and that there are more police on the streets. This whole thread has been based on what we would do if the situation deteriorated again.

Second point - obviously some vigilantes have been racist groups. Is your contention therefore that some local watch or protective alliance cannot be constructed on a non-racist and responsible basis? Of course a group could be brought together with a civilised non-racist agenda of doing nothibg but protecting local people and property. A slightly comical and obviously larger scale (and armed) example was the Home Guard during WW2. That body (obviously hard to think of with out laughing due to Dad's Army) was made up of respectable, decent folk with no gretaer agenda than protecting their local areas. There was no racist or greater social agenda there at all.

Third point - yes there are currently 16,000 officers on the street and things are quiet. If you have been following the news, however, you will have seen the universal view that such nmbers are completely unsustainable.

i hav god idea we cane get locl businss to issue concrned redisent witha bacis unifiorm like i see in nyc the gaurdian angles amybve all blak t shit and truosers to signify that he werer is a mebmer of ed V force amybe some subtle tuoches like a silver deaths head insu8gnia on the lapels will scare the yoof away bakc to there steenking ghettos

The Captain wrote

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Damian H, plus i hate the way all the liberals dust off this word 'vigilante' and use it so 'liberally'!...

How do you know what my affiliations are I bet you will be the one leading the charge captain?