> take more stuff? The thoughts are driving me

> crazy! If I decide to purchase a security system

> then what kind should I get? The only one I have

> even heard of off the top of my head is adt home

> security. I just checked out the website and I

> want more information on them. Has anyone used

> their security system? Thanks for the advice. I

> need it quickly before I go crazy.

I have a response alarm from ADT after being burgled last year, and I would defiantly recommend you go for it.

That is so scary, I have just moved onto Oakhurst Grove into a rented flat and thought the area was really safe. What a shame. Luckily my neighbour doesn't work and is home a lot of the time.

It's good to be vigilent, I will keep my eyes open, there are some nasty people out there.

Recommend Controlled alarms, Simond Wheeler local lad has looked after us for about 10 years, Police compliant monitored 24 7 if alarm is activated, call to you first or anyone you nominate, mobiles also. If no response or the monitoring centre are suspicious the police are called to respond Not a 1 year or 2 3 4 or 5 year contract. One fee per year if you want to cancell no charge. He has come to us to upgrade system and alter bits due to new windows and doors. no charge, he can not be more helpfull, very honest, last time we had to have an upgrad we were going away we left keys with next door so he picked keys up did the job no problem, you can speak to him direct on 07970919248

or land line 02078637918 help suport a local trader mention BOB and the forum you might even get a discount.

Bob S

I was broken into 2 months ago on Colyton Road and since then have had an ADT alarm fitted. Very happy with the service. ?99 to install and ?20 a month thereafter. Just spent a week in Italy and a week in the USA, and never once worried about whether my flat was secure or not. I asked the installer whether they were any use and he quite honestly said it is just a deterrent and at the end of the day if someone is determined to get in, they will get in, alarm or no alarm.

the only way to make your doors really safe from burglary is to buy a proper security rated door. we have a Shield security door. it cost lots but really gives peace of mind - bolts shoot out on all sides, the locks are undrillable and withstand battering with axes and jamming crowbars etc.

that, combined with aluminium framed double glazing with proper security locking systems makes me feel safe , although 100% security is never possible.

on the continent people put security shutters on their windows, its not a uk tradition but that may also help. to make your house super secure against burglary sadly costs thousands if you live in an older property without existing measures but if you think how much houses cost nowadays and the potential damage that can be done to possessions, fixtures and fittings it is perhaps worth spending some money.