Stephen Yaxley-Lennon

JohnL

This has always been the MO of the far right. They want class war, street brawls, anarchy. For a brief spell, Tommy Robinson deluded himself he could get elected to the EU Parliament, and then played the victim when it didn't happen. And all of them, from him to Hatey Hopkins, are now being funded by alt and far right American Islamaphobic organisations and lauded by the likes of nutjobs like Alex Jones and Ezra Levant, who wouldn't know honest journalism if it hit them in the face. Tommy has that defamation case to look forward to when he gets out as well. Costly business being a rabble rousing liar.

uncleglen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "his cause"....all he has done is highlight the

> activities of certain muslims

Yes but specifically focusing on Islam is problematic. I would be the first to admit that Islam has more than it's fair share of problems right now (and I am not a fan of religion at the best of times). BUT acting as though it is the only problem this country faces is highly disingenuous, and undoubtedly borne from prejudice. For instance, surely you can think of other institutions which have covered up, or failed to investigate child abuse in recent times? Or terrorist acts committed in the name of other ideologies or religions? I am not attempting to mount some sort of straw-man defence of radical Islam, but I am saying that some perspective is required.

As for the hooligan-inspired pseudonym - I am not sure why you bothered mentioning that. Tommy Robinson is still not his name. It just goes to show what an unpleasant character he really is.

You do read some of the most rabid right wing press don't you?

UG - can you remind us how many previous convictions Tommy has and what for?

Also how many members of EDL are on the sex offenders register for child abuse? It's all googleble - I'll wait for you to tell us.

uncleglen Wrote:

> After the authorities closed ranks and protected

> the vile Jimmy Saville then ALL the public

> 'protectors' should be following up abuse

> especially after this little gem

> https://www.politicalite.com/corbyn/labour/labours

> -cover-up-gordon-browns-government-urged-police-no

> t-to-investigate-muslim-grooming-gangs/

you really don't know what you're talking about

uncleglen Wrote:

> After the authorities closed ranks and protected

> the vile Jimmy Saville then ALL the public

> 'protectors' should be following up abuse

> especially after this little gem

> https://www.politicalite.com/corbyn/labour/labours

> -cover-up-gordon-browns-government-urged-police-no

> t-to-investigate-muslim-grooming-gangs/

Out of all these sites many of which I don't like some left wing (Cnary) some right wing (Guido). Only one gets a red and UncG picks it :).

Newsguard rankings for UK newsbrands (so far):

BBC News: Green

Sky News: Green

ITV News: Green

LBC: Green

The Times: Green

The Sun: Green

Mail Online: Green

The Telegraph: Green

Financial Times: Green

The Guardian: Green

The Independent: Green

Buzzfeed News UK: Green

Huffpost UK: Green

Daily Express: Green

The i: Green

Daily Star: Green

Daily Mirror: Green

Metro: Green

Evening Standard: Green

Manchester Evening News: Green

The Canary: Green

Guido Fawkes: Green

The Economist: Green

New Statesman: Green

Spectator: Green

Politicalite UK: Red

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/us-start-up-newsguard-rolls-out-rankings-for-major-uk-newsbrands/

uncleglen Wrote:

> watch this if you dare.......and it is

> all true.

>

>

I dared to watch a few minutes

It?s not all true, it?s not even consistent!

uncleglen Wrote:

>

> you have NO first hand experience of

And what is it that you?ve got this unique first hand experience of that means that you see the truth that others don?t?

Saw the gaggle of "Oh Tommy Robinson" followers. Disappointed as I thought it was the left wing gay activist, pop star and Six music activist Tom Robinson. I was hoping to have a rendition of Power in the Darkness, stand up and fight for your rights. (Or even some Beastie Boys).

I had a chat with the riot police that I found their attitude rather racist and not representative of our tolerant liberal society but the riot police didn't seem to understand (and I expect some may sympathize with Mr Y-L). Although I find it quite ironic that the extreme right then turn on the police - who they should really side with as they want a fascist state.

Not seeing any anti-fascist protestors I didn't really want to have a pop on myself, particularly as I had my work tablet in my hand. Thet would be great arriving at the meeting late to apologise as I'd had a brawl with some Nazis. Oh and sorry for the damage to my tablet IT department. One for the CV though!

So no battle of Cable Street I'm afraid

Apparently the battle of Cable Street was not a historic alignment between the left wing and Jews, as official representatives of both sides refused to support this.. This is all an urban myth as Europe turned towards communism after the war. https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/the-battle-of-cable-street-and-other-british-jewish-myths-1.5446805 However 20000 ordinary people, many East End Jews and many left wing, opposing the British Union of Fascists who were supported by 7000 police, is good enough for me to keep this description.

The chat with the police was about the mob, not the police's political leanings. I know a few coppers some of whom I count as friends s0 comments about sympathy are there to provoke views rather than a black or white impression. It would be great if some cops joined in, but I expect that we are too far away from West Wickham for them to be on this site.

Sadly I have now digressed into

Anti-fascists

Police sympathies

The history of the 1930s

But please do join in.

uncleglen Wrote:

> I feel privileged that you all feel you can use me to virtue signal at length about something most of you have NO first hand experience of- well, watch this if you dare....and watch 3 Girls....and it is all true.

>

And who broke the story on '3 girls'? It wasn't Tommy Robinson was it? It was a real investigative journalist called Andrew Norfolk. Stop swallowing the cool aid of the far right Uncleglen. And better still, stop posting it here.

Blah Blah Wrote:

> uncleglen Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I feel privileged that you all feel you can use

> me to virtue signal at length about something most

> of you have NO first hand experience of- well,

> watch this if you dare....and watch 3 Girls....and

> it is all true.

>

> >