Recommendations for kitchen extension & landscaped garden

Katiesa

:)Hi,

We are considering doing our side return, extending the kitchen into the garden with folding glass doors out onto the garden and the garden to be landscaped i.e decking.We'd also like to squeeze in a downstairs toilet, possible shower room. Its a big job and we're keen to get a few quotes from reliable, competitively priced local tradesman/building companies and also local landscape gardeners. I know lots of houses in dulwich will have had this done and we are really hoping to get some recommendations. Many thanks if you can help :)

• 4 months later...

hi

i cant help with your extention but i can help with your garden if you have already got someone in mind thats fine but if you would like any advices then drop me a line i be happy to help you if its just for some advices on plants and what thay need and where to put them or carrying out the work for you

i have a add on this site thank you for your time

adam

Our neighbours used Tony Howard (07932 553704) for their kitchen extension, based on recommendations from my brother (who also had his kitchen extended) and us (Tony's practically rebuilt our house over the past 10 years).

Tony's been back this week converting our neighbour's loft. Next week he's sorting out our shower room (the only job which we risked with another builder since he wasn't available and which, after 5 years, needs to be gutted and re-done).

• 2 years later...

Hi Katiesa,

Finding the perfect builder makes a big difference to a project ? and isn?t as hard as you might think. Look around for someone who is dedicated, inventive, highly skilled and adheres to the estimate. It might seem like wishful thinking but they do exist.

Here you can watch fantastic team of builders and architect in action !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3lApVjR5nY

All the best

Peter

I would totally recommend Craig Osbourne who has just completed our kitchen extension / side return. He runs a small family business based in Kent and is therefore very reasonably priced. He works with a small team and has done an amazing job with a lovely finish and a great attitude which is important when they are in your house every day. His number is 07889 134829.

• 5 years later...

clairen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I can highly recommend Simon Whitehead Architects,

> who offer a professional and friendly service, and

> have an excellent reputation in the local area.

>

> Their contact details are: 020 7183 1063 or

> e-mail: [email protected].

>

> Best to speak to Simon direct who can assist and

> advise.

We used Simon Whitehead to see us through planning approval for our kitchen extension back in 2012. We are now selling our house and the buyer has some general questions re. planning approval and the design. When I contacted Simon for comment he has completely ignored our requests for help or feedback and it is for this reason that we wouldn?t recommend using him for the job. Even given the lapse of time since the end of job, I think there are other firms out there that would be more willing to respond or offer guidance to a former client in a similar situation.

Archived