The Ivy House on Stuart Road

Nunhead Matt

After years of useless managers, dodgy regulars and worse beer, the Ivy House on Stuart Road has miraculously come back from the dead and is well worth a visit. Over the past week or so I've had some of the tastiest real ale it's been my pleasure to sink, namely Castle Rock's Harvest Pale and St Austell Tribute, and the sunday roasts aren't half bad either. Nick, the new manager, has persuaded the Easy Come acoustic open mic night thing to return on Wednesday nights, and by all accounts it's going great guns. Anyway, I'd urge anyone reading this to get down there sometime and give Nick the support he deserves for all his hard work turning this place around

katie1997 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> To be fair to Nunhead Matt and the Ivy place, at

> least there aren't numerous threads about it.

> However, best of luck to all the new local

> businesses. The Rose and the Ivy.

>

If I was ever allowed out, I'd try both.

malumbu Wrote:

> The Goose is using it regularly for folkish gigs,

> including Friday:

> www.thegooseisout.com/events.html#wizzj

>

> USE IT

>

> (ps no connection with the Goose or the Ivy, but

> live music needs to be cherished, as do trad pubs

xxxxxxx

I wouldn't say regularly (yet) and the Wizz Jones gig is this SATURDAY not Friday !!!!

We have three gigs booked here at the mo, and we are seeing how they go before booking any more. All these Ivy House gigs are on a Saturday!

So it's

Wizz Jones plus the Wayne Drury Project this Saturday, 17 September

The very funny John Otway, plus Flameproof Moth and Liz Bentley on Saturday 3 December

and up-and-coming-nearly-there young award-winning traditional folk singer Ewan McLennan on Saturday 28 January with two support singers to be confirmed but who will probably also be up-and-coming young local artists.

All - doors open 7pm, live music starts 8pm, advance tickets available for John Otway and Ewan McLennan at http://www.wegottickets.com/thegooseisout, tickets for this Saturday ?6 on the door only.

If you want to see the Goose continue at the Ivy House, do come down and support us there!

And yeh - great food, and real ale!

:)-D

StraferJack Wrote:

> Matts posting history isn't huge but doesn't

> suggest a link. Im hearing good things about ivy

> house from several sources

>

> Do you know it's nick or are you just guessing?

xxxxxxx

It's not Nick's forum name

Easy on the conspiracy theories guys, I'm the real Ivy House Nick.

I don't know who Nunhead Matt is in 'real life' but can assure you all I didn't ask/bribe him to write such lovely things about us on here. Maybe he's just a normal person who likes our pub and wanted to spread the word?

For those yet to check us out, The Goose Is Out gig on Saturday would be a great chance to see this lovely venue at its best.

I'll hopefully meet more of you in the future. Cynics and pedants are especially welcome.

Nick

I think we need to be quite careful. Those of us that have been reading the EDF for a long time have seen a lot of false posting and false recommendations, but it's dangerous always to doubt the new poster. It makes the forum come across as quite aggressive. It seems to me that recommending a business that has really impressed is exactly the sort of thing that might make someone want to post for the first time, or the first time other than buying and selling.

• 1 month later...