advice on birth pool for home birth

amyw

I had a la bassine & it was lovely. Water stayed warm, Walls were strong enough for me to lean on for hours on end.

I would say though buy an electric pump for the air & an electric pump to drain the water out afterwards as these made it much easier

Good luck!

I've a birth pool in a box you can borrow/have. Used once (successfully and very happy with it). You'd need a new liner. We didn't need electric pump. Let me know if that's helpful - it's the smaller one. I'm 5 foot 4 (and an important half!) and it was absolutely fine.

Another vote for birthpool in a box. I bought the big version off another forumite and it was great. I then ended up transferring to kings and was lucky enough to get a pool there, which was the birthpool in a box small version. Having used both, I think I preferred the small one as I was slipping around less inside it (I'm average height). The small one would have been easier to fill and empty, which does take quite a while, so I think I'd to for that one next time. The pool is extremely sturdy and comfortable.

You could always go and take a look at the one in kings as I think they do tours?