Worlingham Road

newtoedul

Does anyone know or have views on Worlingham Road as I am looking at houses for sale and wondered what it is like to live there? Have previously looked at nearby roads such as Crawthew, Lacon, etc but property on Worlingham seems a bit bigger and wonder if road is quieter, being tucked away behind the others? Thanks.

Well it does strike me that newtoedul is not actually new to this area.

What worries me about such facile questions is would you move to an area on somebody else's recommendation? What happens if they do and don't like it - are they going to sue?

Caveat emptor

Am I missing something?

I don't understand why this question warrants such harsh reactions?

There have been similar threads started in the forum, all if which (as far as I'm aware) have been treated respectfully.

Surely it is sensible to do as much research as you can before buying into the hugely expensive property stock of ED.....

good luck in your quest

I live on worlingham road, parking is not brilliant but always manage to get a space. Houses are bigger as it's not as pretty as Lacon and Crawthew roads, great location for everything and is quiet even though off East Dulwich Road. I would recommend it-but of course I live there so I would.

Jeez what is wrong with some people?? well said ellie78.

i live on worlingham and like it - quiet road, though you do get people speeding down it sometimes. parking can be a bit of a pain and i have had to park in adjacent roads before but doesn't happen too often - usually when spaces aren't taken up by skips then there's enough space. good location too - you can walk to the station in 10 mins, peckham in 20 minutes, you're minutes from peckham rye park and lordship lane. i don't know about everyone else's houses but mine is very old - there's no straight corners, everything is wonky, no insulation, so freezing in the winter and cold in the summer, but as we rent there's not much that we can do about it. the road seems to be a mix of old and newer houses so depends on what one you're looking at. anyway good luck with your house hunting!

Worlingham is a lovely road, it's fairly quiet as, unlike crystal palace road that runs parallel - it's not a through road.

if you live on the right (if you're standing with your back to Goose Green and looking up the road) you will probably have a nice garden that gets all the sun in the evening.

if you live on the left you will most likely end up with a postage stamp sized one that only gets sun in the morning, ho hum ;-)

house prices are quite variable, we got ours for a fairly good one as it was previously a bedsit and basically a right mess, great if you want to get your foot on the property ladder in a nice area but I can safely say I'd never do it again, too much stress, especially if you have neighbours who want you to continue living in squalor and not attempt to do any work to your property!

houses are quite big though but yes, they lack insulation so walls are thin and you can hear your neighbours if their TVs are on loud!

great road though, lovely plum trees :-)

Why Worlingham Road?

It is cramped, heavily parked and doesn't have much character.

The only good thing I can say about Worlingham Road is that when I was courting my wife in the early seventies she lived on Worlingham Road. I remember we walked up and down that road, arms round each other, oblivious to the rest of the world, for hour after hour.

Wouldn't have bought a house there though, even in those far off days.

I looked at a house for sale on Worlingham road a couple of weeks back. Personally I thought it was quite narrow compared to a lot of terraced houses in the area, meaning that if you have a good sized middle-of-the-lounge coffee table, it ends up virtually on top of the hearth of the fire. Also, the garden wasn't a postage stamp, it didn't really exist beyond the side return. On the positive side, the location is good and I guess that's what your paying for. Personally i'd move into Se15 slightly and get a slightly chunkier house, but it just depends on your priorities.