What gym do ED people go to?

Halmets Health Club (Dulwich Hamlets football ground next to Sainsburys) has an offer on at the mo, think it is ?3.99 a week or similar.

I personally am a member of fitness first so use london bridge branch on my way to work in the week or walworth road branch at weekends.

I have been a member of the Dulwich College Gym for the last couple of years. It is open in the evenings and weekends (ie when the pupils are not there), which suits people with a Monday to Friday working week. Membership is ?100 (waived if you are an ex-pupil or have kids at the school), with a ?33.50 monthly fee. The Gym is well equipped and also has a superb 25 meter swimming pool, neither of which are ever too busy. Free parking is in the school opposite the sports center.

ILOVETHECASTLE Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have been a member of the Dulwich College Gym

> for the last couple of years. It is open in the

> evenings and weekends (ie when the pupils are not

> there), which suits people with a Monday to Friday

> working week. Membership is ?100 (waived if you

> are an ex-pupil or have kids at the school), with

> a ?33.50 monthly fee. The Gym is well equipped and

> also has a superb 25 meter swimming pool, neither

> of which are ever too busy. Free parking is in the

> school opposite the sports center.

Brilliant, thank you.

VV x

Another vote for BMF, by far a harder workout and much more fun than the gym (I had been a committed gym user for years). PipD they run loads of classes over the course of the week, both daytime and evening as well as weekends, you should be able to get all the info you need from their website:

http://www.britmilfit.com/

Prior to getting pregnant a couple of BMF classes a week coupled with a run or two was brilliant for keeping me fit.

VivianneL2011 Wrote:

Dont use dulwivh hamlets the place is filthy with most machines been unuseable, the chainging facillities are of a very low standard and there is a notice in the sauna telling people to stop weeing in the coals. classy

> I'm currently at the David Lloyd in Kidbrooke

> which is a good 15min drive away (30mins on a Sat)

> and that is just too far - gym needs to be close

> by. Ideally I'd love one with a pool...and easy

> free parking.

> Anyone got any suggestions?

sportsdevelopment Wrote:

Hi JAGS,

Thanks for the reply. I work full time so I can only work out 6:30am - 7:30am or after 7:30pm evenings - do these times work for this gym?

> JAGS Sports Club is sitauated next door to North

> Dulwich Train Station and has great facilities

> including a pool, two gyms, tennis, badminton and

> squash courts as well as a number of classes.

>

> For more informatio please call the club on 0208

> 613 6500 or see for yourself and pop in for a show

> round.

>

> Many thanks

>

> JAGS

Thanks Pickle. Had a look at the website but it doesn't describe the kind of stuff you do (unless i missed it). The name puts me off a bit , the idea of some jarhead wanna be shouting at me in his cammo gear doesn't appeal! I started a bootcamp a few years ago when I lived in Nottingham with a friend. Our idea was kettlebell based outdoor training, we would ahve just done it ourselves but it becme popular and now my mate (who is a PT) runs three a week. I don?t need someone telling me I?m maggot to get me going, but do like to train with like minded people who want to challenge themselves.

Since moving here I?ve been going to the one at Dulwich College on a Saturday morning (run by www.bodyfittrainingsolutions.com) which is great but would like to occasionally add a second one in the week, particularly if it was a bit more hard-core (and it would need to be something special to justify the price!)

Pickle Wrote:

> Another vote for BMF, by far a harder workout and

> much more fun than the gym (I had been a committed

> gym user for years). PipD they run loads of

> classes over the course of the week, both daytime

> and evening as well as weekends, you should be

> able to get all the info you need from their

> website:

>

> http://www.britmilfit.com/

>