Advertising on Londis' Wall - North Cross Road

the-e-dealer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

So please

> don't bury your heads in the sand and hope your

> local environment will always be nice - it takes

> work.

xxxxxxx

Yeh, especially now it's full of bright blue wheely bins (6)

:))

ibilly99

I'm not sure we can be accused of throwing stones. Simply raising our concerns and asking for other's opinions. I'm sorry you see it that way.

With regards to the seating on the pavement. Our boundary extends to the point at which the seating ends (You'll notice our cellar hatch and difference in paving marks this point. That's why the seating is narrower than standard benches so as not to protrude further than the boundary allows. I'm not going to address the smoking issue because it's ridiculous to level that at us when it's the same for every establishment.

Otta

I was unaware of the proposed advertising plans at The Bishop. That's not to say that others in the company were not, I personally cannot comment though. Sorry.

This is the very thin end to a very long wedge leading ultimately to a Blade-runneresque dystopian future for ED. Ads for Cash not Cuts.The smokers on the Palmerston council regulation sized benches truly have a bleak future to look out on to. A previously award winning Turneresque wall turned into a harlot whore of Babylonian excess. BTW Palmerston you need to paint your upstairs windows they're looking a bit shabby.

if the ads are too distracting/spoiling the mood, you can always gaze upon Londis or Iceland instead, from exactly the same seat and with minimal effort

Aesthetic beauty restored - ahh...

More seriously, I generally don't love advertising in public spaces, and most of the examples on the wall are hideous. However, it is on a very unlovely wall and I can't say, in all honesty, it makes that corner look worse

the-e-dealer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> And they will have to get planning permission. And

> the reason Southwark Needs the money is because of

> the Cuts by the Liberal Con Government. So thanks

> again James.

xxxxxxx

Why are you constantly dissing James Barber in your posts, when he does a lot for East Dulwich and its residents?

Or have I taken your post the wrong way?

• 1 month later...
Thanks James - East Dulwich can rest easy in their beds that slightly larger than normal advertising will be banished from non-descript 1970s blank walls.BTW I mentioned it to the Hog Roast folk on Saturday and they said they had never noticed it despite spending all day looking at it. Continual exposure to aromatic pork fumes have obviously clouded their otherwise sound judgements.

• 2 weeks later...