> please. We are all quite capable of choosing which

> charities to donate money/time to securely online

> or in person at a bricks & mortar location without

> being disturbed. This area has also been

> repeatedly targeted by charity scams which you

> should surely be aware of.

>

> Please don't harm the environment by pushing

> unwanted dead trees through letterboxes either.

>

> Running "multiple charities" sounds suspicious as

> hell to me.

I couldn't have written it better myself!

I find it disturbing when charity knockers come to my door esp as there's not enough hours in my day

Secondly I do my charity work personally when I travel.

I refuse to donate to many charities in the uk as a lot of money gets spent on advertising.

Also, many charitable organisations are becoming very greedy.... This includes many pop up churches which have appeared over the past few years.

Hi everyone ,

I thought I?d pop on here again , I got a few emails relating to this part of the forum , I had no idea that this forum actually kept a special notification service in case people replied etc ?. In my opinion this is a pretty nifty feature !

Well ?. I am here now and I want to quickly ( while I have an hour to spare ) reply to all the ?dark? comments ( possibly an appropriate term ? but OK ) directed at my previously submitted entry .

So , let?s begin with?.

( Quick note : sorry if this turns into a rant , but my Jimmies were ALMOST rustled ! )

===================================

Se22cat :

?This area has also been repeatedly targeted by charity scams which you should surely be aware of.?

Answer : I am completely aware of it , and whilst I sincerely empathise with those that have commented so far , I am surprised that you seem unable to differentiate bad charities from good charities , I used to ?think? with that same mentality too , that was until the 3rd Sector representatives taught me how to contact HMRC or/and the Charity Commission [and other watchdogs ] to verify specific legitimate organisations/charities/social enterprises [ and yes NGO?s  ] - simply because they have had enough of the fraud/scams and con artists etc that they made a big scream and shout getting A LOT of people?s attention . ? Hence the delayed formation and poorly knowledgeable ?Action Fraud? watchdog .

?Please don't harm the environment by pushing unwanted dead trees through letterboxes either.?

Answer : I have never thought or dreamt of harming the environment by cutting entire/whole trees and ?pushing? [ unless you mean shoving ] them into the random folks letterboxes ? I am not that strong nor am I the Incredible Hulk !

?. On a serious note , if you are most likely referring to leafleting , I can assure you I use recycled paper , and guess what ? , yes , it can be recycled again , with all those lovely coloured wine bottles ED folk placed in their recycle boxes .

On a quick note here about ?dead trees? , what do we do about the dead trees holding up your roof and floors ? and I presume for the past few years you have been replicating the original Jumanji film ? you know , when you ?need to use banana leaves? [ sooo looong Cha Cha Cha Charmin ! ]

Give me a break ! ? and pull your fluffy little head out of your @rse .

?Running "multiple charities" sounds suspicious as hell to me.?

Answer : OK , with a comment like this [ I am holding back ] , I do feel ripped from inside out somewhat ? [ I have to control my feels and not end up a blue haired monster  ] ?.

I take pride in the work I do , so this is why this conversation is heading in its current direction , directly in the cesspit of raw sewage .

? I really get [ understand ] what your trying to say , but to me that sounds like all the swear words/cusses/disses [even the spreading of cancer ] all rolled into one lump and shoved into my face and being forced to swallow .

However , Since I can ?only? assume , you are not fully educated in third sector , or how it is being regulated , I will be tolerant of your attacks and I will explain the following :

1 : Any one person can be a Manager/Director or be a Chairman of one or more charities ? provided you are an ?appropriate person? . ? The more you know , right ? [ a beautiful rainbow flying over us ] .

2 : Any one person can be a Trustee of one or more charities ? provided you are an ?appropriate person? .

3 : Any one person can be a Patron of one or more charities ? provided you are an ?appropriate person? .

4 : Any one person can be a Supporter/Donator/Volunteer of one or more charities ? provided you are an ?appropriate person? .

5 : Any one person can ?use a toilet? at one or more ?restaurants/supermarkets/and GP Surgeries ? provided you are willing to wait in a queue :-/

Do you see a pattern here ? ? [ I am blind but I do see ! ]

OK cool , I said my piece on that [ without effing and blinding ? really wanted to though ? you cant hide the truth ? because the truth sets you free ! ]

Moving on ?

Angelina :

Matthew ? (1) what charities do you "operate"? (2) Don't we normally 'support' charities?

Well Angelina , since we are word-picking out of boredom here [ ever hear of lamens terms ? ] , as to the first part ?.

Answer (1) : ?operate? equals running/utilising/making use of ? resources given/donated to help a good cause , and since all the negativity on here has dampened my spirits I will not bother to explain what I do etc until attitudes genuinely change for the better ? no rush then :-/

Answer (2) : Well , I have ?No idea? about you , but yes , I do support [and volunteer for] GOOD charities ? thumbs up for me 

and why is your focus spread across multiple ones?

Answer :

? don?t worry , I am not Oxfam ! ? { more on that later }?..

?but seriously , I am focused on one particular charity , However , one charity will not work efficiently without the support from another charity , it is simple regulations , HMRC [ being ?flexible? as they can ] , stating ?one charity? [ can only do ] ?one objective? ? bummer right ? , the red tape situation is a cruel joke in this country ? but I suppose it is a necessary evil [ if your into sadistic thinking ] , however at the same time keeping genuine folk who are in poverty in Britain ? in poverty longer [in ?other words? permanently ] . ? I know what your thinking ? who cares right ? ? seems only me [ not being self-righteous here ] , I am only assimilating the ?trend? of ?negative and bitter attitude? on this forum .

I choose my charities carefully and this sounds rather...spreading yourself too thin, perhaps?

Answer :

Finally ?. A real-world view AND a decent comment/question !

?. YES , you are absolutely correct ! , I have no idea if you read my ?entire? previous submission but I clearly stated that I was looking for volunteers BEFORE I commit to a fundraiser (in late January 2019) ?

?.this includes finding more Trustees , more [again] volunteers and more individuals/business/other charities willing to share resources - and I am not asking for the world , just the basics we need to continue to get to our aim . ? I am not Cancer Research asking for tonnes load of cash each year , just what we need to get us started and to function appropriately .

Rendell Harris

Wholeheartedly seconded, working from home every day I'm disturbed so often by charity knockers that I'm seriously considering having a "Charity Collectors: all our giving is done online" sign made (which is true but you wouldn't think so from the way the doorsteppers look at one when one says it) ; and yes, any charity that wastes the money I've given it on junk mail/flyers asking for more gets crossed off the list.

Response :

You know what Rendell , go for it ! ? put up a sign , at least ?door-steppers? will undeniably know that charity leaflets and fundraisers are NOT welcome ( unless there autistic or dyslexic or blind or have no attention span ) ?. I am cool with that ? really I am fine with this ?.

?.But I do have one question though , if I can NOT afford an advert on Google [ costing 1p?s to ?1?s per click or ?exposure? ] , or National TV [ costing into ?1000?s per instance ] or National Newspapers or Property Billboards [ costing ?100?s per day ]?. How , and I am serious here , how do I inform you or others like you ( without leafleting ) about a new charity that can help you or one family members directly and make a serious effect for the betterment of Britain ?

I really want to know ? a logical answer would be appreciated .

I also want you to know how I ?operate? and instruct ALL my volunteers :

(1) We make sure our members are fully aware of the events that have happened over the past few years in relation to the third sector, and what these situations have left the sector now in the current climate . We know there are bad people out there , cunning liars and schemers in there hoards , BUT PLEASE DO NOT stereotype us into one lot of a particular negative category . We know , and we are trying to change things like this , do not shoot us down .

(2) We NEVER [ nor to intend ] to harass anyone , we ask ONLY once ? we NEVER ask for money ! [ except when offered ] ? we only wish to give you a leaflet that lets you know what we are up to [ nothing illicit ! ] , if refused ? we simply disengage and move on to the next person ! - THIS exceeds the standards required by Charity Commission Fundraising Guidelines , all we want is to get the message out there , we are NOT asking for funds ?on-the-spot? , NOR are we asking for ?bank details? for Direct-Debits in order to attain regular payments , WE give the individual the option to financially help us out by simply using the information [website and local volunteers ] on the leaflets handed out . ? It is as straight forward as that !

Note 1 : I would rather spend 0.5p [ 1/2 a penny ] to 2p on a leaflet , a physical ?in-your-hand? leaflet ( on recycled paper ? and a simple ACCEPT or REJECT invitation towards the public taking a leaflet) than spend ridiculously insane large amounts of hard earned charity funds collected from the public [more on this later ? because I want to see how you all react to this ! ] , just so on-the-off-chance 100?s or 1000?s of people see it ? COSTING MORE than 0.5p to 2p PER PERSON ! ? Face Palm , honestly !

Note 2 : I want to make this absolutely clear , I am only asking one individual/household , one time , for a donation [through the leaflet ] , a simple yes or no will do [keep or recycle] , and I intend NOT to return asking for more money [ even at a later time ! ] or attempt to submit leaflets/letters requesting for ?MORE? donations ? I do dislike the general assumptions being made here on this forum .

Now I am starting to feel a LOT calmer that is off my chest 

Sweetgirl

I couldn't have written it better myself!

I find it disturbing when charity knockers come to my door especially as there's not enough hours in my day .

Secondly I do my charity work personally when I travel.

[ Quick comment : Good for you ? and bravo ! ? I will not ask in what countries you do this in but still good to know as I do the same ? when I can ! ]

I refuse to donate to many charities in the UK as a lot of money gets spent on advertising .

[ Quick comment : I CAN NOT agree with you more on this , it IS too true ! ? it also gets wasted on ?Administration Costs? too  ]

Also, many charitable organisations are becoming very greedy.... This includes many pop up churches which have appeared over the past few years .

[ Quick comment : Again , I CAN NOT agree with you more , Are you my twin ? ? are you a physic ? ? because you are reading my mind !  ]

And finally my view on OTHER charities :

A list of NO-NO?s ! ! !

Oxfam ? NGO ? Oxfam's Haiti director 68 yr old Roland Van Hauwermeiren ? [ It is not ?just? him though ! ] .

Save The Children ? NGO ? admitted ?problems? and were linked to Oxfam?s embarrassment ? concurred it was a ?sector-wide? [ NGO ] sex scandal .

Barnados - NPO [ Non Profit Organization / Charity ] - I don?t want to go into this one , but you get familiar theme going on here ?

NSPCC - Charity - Used fake child abuse stories to gain publicity in order to boosts revenue streams . They spent money on ?glossy leaflets? [ non-recyclable by the way ! ] , they spent money on producing expensive limited edition booklets for its supporters ? and using four (4) 1st Class Stamps to send in the post . Also they were at the centre of a number of scandals in relation to its use of third party fundraising agencies and attempting to EXPLOIT LOOPHOLES in the Data Protection Act to contract Telephone Preference Service-registered people .

RSPCA ? charity ? They waste so much donated money on prosecutions , so much so , they took a pensioner to court because she was feeding her cat ?the wrong flavour? of cat food ! ?.and I have a very looong list about this charity in particular , but for another time or on a YouTube video for historical prosperity .

And a quote from an animal lover [ and farmer ] to so-called ?environmentalists? :

?We are animal loving people , but the RSPCA have wrecked our lives . I have nothing but deep loathing for them , and I would advise anyone considering donating to them to think again . I used to think charities were there to help people , or in this case animals , but the RSPCA just want to get as many prosecutions under their belt as possible and use the publicity to raise money . They have taken away our animals . Our cats were like our family .?

And my List of GOOD / DECENT charities :

Blue Cross ? An animal welfare charity that provides veterinarian services to the public , especially to those on low income families . I used this charity myself when I was 10 years old , I don?t have any pets anymore , but my friends working for the council , supermarkets and those that have pittance to survive on , they continue to say extremely good things about them . Everyone I know that used their services have ALWAYS made a voluntary donation/contribution , because we all know how much a regular private veterinarian costs !

MacMillan ? Incredibly helpful/supportive administration and nursing teams across Britain , such a loving and empathising group of people , they are everyday heroes !

Saint Christophers Hospice ? One of the best and one of the few , that help people with end-of-life care ? including cancer patients . I hear nothing but good things at their centres [ albeit people dieing there ] but their loving warm attitudes and always lending a sympathetic ear to the family members that have just lost their loved ones .

Saint Giles Trust - I know a number of people through my charity work that GREATLY appreciated this charities help and support ? I will say this though , If their beneficiaries were still criminals now , you would not like to bump into them in a dark alley .

Childline ? although under NSPCC ownership [ NGO ] , I support this 24/7 outreach programme .

Anyway I am done , I will stick with this topic/forum for a couple of days ? then I will just delist from following it , I just want to see what people are saying , I wont make any more comments except if the nasty tone disappears , I know there are bad ?beings? out there but when folk talk like this , I lose a little faith in humanity , and makes me think ?f@ck it ! ? grab a few beers , climb a mountain and watch the world burn/eat itself [ from the inside out ] along with its adopted core ideologies .

Peace , I?m out . [ microphone dropped ] .

@MatthewGBCN

Having waded through your almost impenetrable prose, syntax and logic, I get the impression that you?re passionate about what you do, and fairly unsympathetic to anyone who disagrees with your point of view. That?s your choice to be that way.

However, if you talk the way you write...well, good luck is all I can say.