New restaurant on Lordship Lane - "Saucy"

We were keen to try this new resturant, but were completely put off by the awful loud blaring music on to the street. Yes we pity anyone who lives nearby! I hope no others follow suit, it would completly ruin Lordship Lane.

We did say it was a mistake and said it most certainly wouldn't happen again ! A new member of staff turned up the wrong dial!

It was rectified as soon as we realised!

Please do try us as we make great burgers and fish and chips.

Thanks

Jules

Hi There

We have actually run into a power issue so we are having to temporarily close so we can upgrade and will reopen in January at some point hopefully. I have also received some really great feedback re pricing and types of things people want to see so I am tweaking the menu. Will put in up as soon as I have it ready.

Thanks so much

Jules

awesome3 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi There

>

> We have actually run into a power issue so we are

> having to temporarily close so we can upgrade and

> will reopen in January at some point hopefully. I

> have also received some really great feedback re

> pricing and types of things people want to see so

> I am tweaking the menu. Will put in up as soon as

> I have it ready.

> Thanks so much

> Jules

Hi Jules,

Is there any chance you can offer healthy food on your menu.

To my mind LL is saturated with burger and chip options and neither I nor my OH eat either and fish and chips is a deep fried option.

It would be lovely to have somewhere serving lower in fat meal options

redjam Wrote:

> This is the website for the OP's catering

> business, not the restaurant. See the original

> post:

>

> We're launching an independent, family positioned

> sit down/waiter service restaurant experience

> called "Saucy", not to be confused with my events

> catering business, Saucy Chip which focusses on

> brilliant loaded chips which we serve up and down

> the country at various festivals and events.

Just looked at that website.

https://saucychip.com/

"Ooooh matron, the best thing in the world to stick between your buns" ???

Oh dear.

Reminds me of the attempt to call a new restaurant on Lordship Lane Pussy Liquor ....

ETA: If this is the restaurant website, it doesn't seem to have anything much on it:

https://saucyrestaurants.com/

I like to try all the new venues when they appear and probably this one too although not immediately my sort of food. However they do seem to have opened too soon and maybe not given enough thought to certain things - the loud music, lack of menus etc. Looks a bit tacky inside and the outside fake grass tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

The message on their website says: ?DUE TO SNAGGING AND FURTHER BUILDING WORKS, WE WILL BE REOPENING ON FEB 1ST?.

I think I saw somewhere that they needed to redo a load of the electrical work. I?m looking forward to going when they reopen.

hellosailor Wrote:

> I think there?s only so many times that they can

> explain that the loud music was an accident and a

> one off due to a staff member inadvertently

> turning the wrong dial, they?ve said it twice on

> this thread already.

Did nobody notice that the music was too loud and investigate?!

ETA: Surely if you inadvertently turn a wrong dial so that suddenly extremely loud music comes on, you or somebody else would notice this and try to put it right?!

Exactly. As we said we did rectify it as soon as we realised because someone alerted me. It was a genuine mistake because it was all very new for the team throughout the soft launch! If anyone would like to pick up with me personally please feel free to contact me at [email protected] I look forward to reopening after the building is finished and the power upgraded.

Many Thanks

Jules

That's great. Thanks so much for your feedback and comments Cella - sadly all sorts of things happen in new business launches which you can't predict for so I'm taking an onwards and upwards, positive approach and I'm planning on a brilliant reopening :)

Going forward please follow our Facebook Page or website for updates.

Thanks

Jules

• 4 weeks later...
Newwave - I suggest you don?t try it. It?s not your thing, nor IMO should it need to move away from its intended offering. It is what is it. It would be nice to see more choice in LL but it?s like asking GBK or one of Asian restaurants to offer something at odds with the overall product. Especially hard for independent restaurants. Let saucy be what it wants to be and go there if you like its offering. If not try something else more appealing, or open your own...then I?ll ask you to put deep fried mars bars on your menu. Just saying.

Hi Guys

Quick update - The power issues and function room renovations (a huge job!) are very nearly complete and the building is looking great. Next job is to work on the terrace area and planters and we are waiting for our awning which is currently being produced.

Re healthy options and the full menu. Saucy is about celebrating great sauces as part of a variety of different dishes from around the world and not just a burger restaurant like GBK/Byron etc. In fact we have a pretty substantial section of the menu dedicated to lighter dishes/salads, veggie options including vegan, and hearty bowls such as our signature Chilli. But if you fancy being a bit naughty and having our Cornish haddock and chips or a Saucy burger and some loaded chips we have that too!

Targeted to open at the beginning of March so hope to see you all soon

Cheers

Jules