New restaurant on Lordship Lane - "Saucy"

This is the website for the OP's catering business, not the restaurant. See the original post:

We're launching an independent, family positioned sit down/waiter service restaurant experience called "Saucy", not to be confused with my events catering business, Saucy Chip which focusses on brilliant loaded chips which we serve up and down the country at various festivals and events.

robisco Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It was open on Saturday during the Christmas fair.

> At least they were selling trees outside and I saw

> some punters inside

I thought the people inside were working on the renovation?

• 2 weeks later...
Is this actually opened? We popped in on Saturday and there was one table occupied. It felt like we?d walked in to a work in progress, with Christmas trees on sale outside blocking the door, photocopied menus and the two young staff behind the bar looking at us like we had landed from Mars. We thought maybe we weren?t meant to go in yet (soft opening?)and they weren?t sure how to react to us? (Giving them the benefit of the doubt). We quickly read the menu (looks extremely tasty) and left rapidly. Staff still didn?t speak to us! Really want to try this out for a family get together on Christmas Eve but a bit reticent in case it?s style over substance. Any reports greatly received. Thanks

Hi There

Huge apologies for this!

We had an issue with power over the weekend so when you came we weren't quite open and still testing everything and putting the finishing touches to the restaurant! We are opening officially from this afternoon and will absolutely be open on Christmas Eve so we would love to see you and the family and give you a great Christmas experience! Watch this space very shortly to check out the final opening menu!

Thanks so much and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Jules and The Saucy Team x

Please email me personally if you want to chat about Christmas [email protected]

Have just eaten at Saucy with my husband and 2 children and feel quite compelled to write a quick note to let you know what I thought of it.

Not only were we looked after by a really lovely waitress named Terri, but the food was absolutely incredible! Hand cut chips are out of this world and the burger was sooooo delicious, I actually (and rather greedily) could have eaten two - even though the portions were very generous!

Just wanted to share that with you all...

Enjoy!

Really like the refurb, and I love the odd burger. And chips. But any plans to offer some healthier options? Especially as January beckons! Suspect even adding a simple side of steamed broccolli or green beans would keep parents happy. But perhaps I'm missing the point and this is lovingly made, high-cal British stodge in all it's glory.

So sorry guys! It was a mistake! A new member of staff had turned up the wrong dial. We rectified it as soon as realised.

HUGE APOLOGIES! Won't happen again.

Jules x