EDF Cinema

mockney piers

El Pibe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> his own masterpiece Brazil

Ah, Brazil. I've always liked that film a lot. I suggested we all watched it, when it was on TV a couple of Christmases ago. Within 10 minutes literally everyone had left the room. Same happened with Life Aquatic wSZ a couple of years before that...

StraferJack Wrote:

> Took the 40 year old to the cinema to watch it a couple

> of weeks ago and she loved it

>

> She laughed at the funny bits, clung to me for the

> scary bits, cheered at the action bits and shed a

> few tears in the sad bits

>

> Perfect

>

> And of course now every time we agree on something

> we have to fistbump (with the noises)

Edited as above :)

Otta Wrote:

> I thought Life Aquatic was shit first time round to be fair.

Seems you have that in common with most of my extended family.

Actually... in most Wes Anderson films, not much stuff actually "happens" really. Quirky character based films, often without a traditional story arc. So I can kind of understand the "what-the-hell-is-this-crap" reaction.

StraferJack Wrote:

> Girl are you a Wes Anderson film cuz

> you look absolutely stunning but I don't see this

> going anywhere

You've done that one before!

But yeah, it's a line that I would have found very useful on a few occasions in my twenties.

Not.

I was on a train sharing a table with a couple of squaddies last week. They discussed various technical inaccuracies within that film - and then moved onto reminiscing about a drinking game they'd played which involving vomiting into a bucket and drinking it.

You meet such interesting people on public transport.

Brazil.. that perennial Christmas family favourite. One of mine though.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched Birdman last night. Hadn't read anything about it, just watched on the strength of hype and the fact I like Michael Keaton. Wasn't at all what I'd expected.

Very much enjoyed it.

But what did people think of the ending? (I liked it)

Otta Wrote:

> Watched Birdman last night. Hadn't read anything

> about it, just watched on the strength of hype and

> the fact I like Michael Keaton. Wasn't at all what

> I'd expected.

>

> Very much enjoyed it.

>

> But what did people think of the ending? (I liked

> it)

Saw it in January. Fantasy ending and a daughter wishing her father could fly despite the tell tale background noises. Really good film about people.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...