Taking buggy on tube Brixton to Oxford circus.

Brixton has a lift from street level to the ticket hall, then a short escalator, which is manageable with

a light buggy. You'll also have to use escalators at Oxford Street, and a few steps up to street level.

I've done this route many times with a buggy, and I wouldn't say it's a nightmare, people always stop and help if you're struggling up the steps. Obviously avoid rush hour if you can!

You'll have to use both - at both ends too. The escalators are fine and there's usually some kind soul who will give you a hand with the stairs - and if no one offers, you could always ask! You could do Herne Hill to Victoria on the train (there's a lift at Herne Hill) and then Victoria line to Oxford circus - still have to manage the escalator and stairs at Victoria & Oxford Circus but there's loads of people around to help....... Good Luck!

I've done this a few times before and it's fine with a light buggy (much easier on escalator) outside busy times- worst bit will probably be waiting for 37! Brixton is much more buggy friendly than Elephant and Castle. My favourite route into town with buggy is to get the train from Efrom Efrom ED to London Bridge then change to go to Charing Cross and walk from there. Step free and fairly quick.

haven't done it for a while but there used to be 2 lifts at brixton - one from street to ticket hall, but one down to platform too?

alternatively train to london bridge and jubilee line to bond street - 2 X lifts at london bridge , and a short escalator at Bond St if you exit via the shopping centre. That's the way I go when going into town.

If you are near to either North or East Dulwich station I agree train to London Bridge then jubilee line to bond street is good, otherwise tube from brixton to oxford circus is fine - there is a lift at brixton then you have to use the escalators at oxford circus. Can be a bit busy that way though.

Thanks everyone! Really good advice. I'm always nervous with my heavy mamas n papas buggy on escalators/stairs, but I'll give it a go at Brixton. If it's too much (scary) for me, I'll bail out at Green Park, get lift to street level and walk.

All the other top tips have been noted for future reference... And possibly a lighter buggy.

Thanks again.