Copleston Road

Serena2012

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> As far as I am aware it is still in SE15

> (Peckham).

Yes it is but you won't see estate agents referring to it as being in Peckham, and most of its residents wouldn't either!

Hi Serena

I lived on Copleston Road for a while in 2009 (my friend still does) and never had problems parking - usually managed to park right outside our door. Good road, no complaints! And you can't beat Peckham Rye for train links, plus East Dulwich station is also within easy reach - all good!

Seems to be one of those road names that crop up regularly during conversations about muggings, not sure how deservedly, but I expect you could check up on that with the police station.

I have lived on Copleston road SE15 my whole life (i will not enclose how long that is!) and i assure you mr edhistory that SE15 is most definitely Peckham no matter what some snobby estate agent has told you, it always has been, check your history..sorry too tempting! I am immensely proud to be from Peckham and hate the new lingo that has arrived with the buggys and stupid shops that sell nothing of any use to any one, i have even had letters addressed to 'Bellenden Village' arrrggg makes me furious, along with many comments which turn up on this forum! But for the OP i love Copleston and find it not only useful for travel but quiet and there is also a strong sense of community i know all my neighbours and have helped each other hugely over the years. It IS Peckham and its also lovely!!! Welcome to the road. xxx

Ms B, I'm not sure that's necessarily true or particularly helpful. I think I have seen one mention on the forum in connection with a mugging, but personally have had 5 years of walking up and down that road virtually every day without a single negative experience. Can we stick to facts please? It's a pleasant enough road, with moderately heavy traffic (due to the one way system), moderately heavy parking (due to the number of flats) and probably a bit of railway noise on the side that backs onto the line. It's in a nice area, and well located for both local stations, Sainsburys, Lordship Lane, Bellenden Rd and fairly close to Goose Green and Peckham Rye for some green space and kids playgrounds.

the traffic does depend on which end you are looking at I live at the 'peckham end' and it is a dead end and therefore very quiet. The church this end (the Copleston centre) is also useful with many things such as yoga, childcare, youth club and soup clubs along with regular events. I have not yet heard of a mugging on this road, however this isnt a impossibility all I can say is that i have never driven so have walked home after work or drinking everyday for 20 something years and have never had a problem and as the road is well lit and with friendly neighbours i feel safe.

It's a nice street. I live there, and quite happily tell people I live in Peckham Rye; SE15 = NOT East Dulwich! Mind you, if you cross the railway tracks (over the bridge on Avondale Rise) you'll start hearing residents tell you you're in Camberwell... :)

Never had any trouble round here, and our neighbours are all lovely.

I have lived on the road for 6 years now and love that it is slap bang in the middle of East Dulwich and Peckham High Street, awhilst Bellenden Road is a 2 minute down Choumert Road.

I have always referred to it as Peckham, which according to Southwark council it actually is. And if not, then where the hell is it?!

• 1 month later...

I've lived on Copleston for 7 years and love it. As people have said - near East Dulwich and Peckham Rye stations (And P Rye will connect to Overground end of 2012) so it's well placed for transport, lots of buses (and some are 24 hour) so only a short walk home from near ED station. Sainsburys isn't far, Lordship Lane very close. It feels like East Dulwich but SE15 is Peckham, you will actually find one end is SE22 (ED), middle is SE15 (Peckham) and just off is SE5 (Camberwell). Parking is always available but just not always outside your house (at least it's free and not residents permits yet.)

East Dulwich has got better and better over the years and Copleston has been mentioned as a "desirable road" in decent newspapers so I'd say go for it!