What to do with a baby in ED in winter?!

Hi all

A friend of mine who lives in ED has a 6 week old baby. She is keen to know about any daytime stuff that she can attend with the baby. I don't have any kids so am of no help!

I think she is getting cabin fever and is keen to get out and about soon!

Any suggestions, along with details of the days and times things run, would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

The baby is probably a bit young for structured classes like baby sensory but there is still lots to do. I enjoyed going to bumps and babes - basically a coffee morning at St faith's in north dulwich. It's on Fridays at 9.30 to 11.30 from memory. If she's keen to get active she could try power pramming in either dulwich park or Peckham rye. A great way to get the baby to sleep. You don't mention if she knows many other new mums round here but I can also remember spending a lot of my time in the pub around that age with my antenatal group- the babies slept and had the odd feed whilst we drank hot chocolate and compared horror stories. Am sure there'll be lots more suggestions coming as it's a very baby friendly area!

There is also Mum and Baby cinema closer to ED, at the Peckham Plex across from Peckham Rye station. Thursdays at 11:30.

Here are the listings for this week:

WATCH WITH BABY at PECKHAMPLEX

Thursday 1st December 11.30am (Doors open at 11am)

My Week with Marylin (15)

Arthur Christmas (U)

Tickets ?4.99 Inc Refreshments

If you want to be emailed the Watch With Baby listings each week you can email [email protected] and ask to be put on the mailing list.