Langton rise! Mugging, drug deals and fly tipping .....

Barred

My friends child was mugged last night for his phone, he was physically assaulted and then they just threw the phone into someone's garden, this is not the first time nor will it be the last. The road has drug deals day and night, and constant fly tipping. This is a thoroughfare for kids catching the bus to and from school and the local residents.

We are seriously concerned about the only street in east dulwich to have no houses, poor lighting and a cemetery for easy exit.

I am staying around there this week and did that walk last night for the first and last time! It felt really threatening with all the cars parked up along there with their engines running. Drug dealers? Not pleasant. Sorry to hear what happened to your son. Mugging is a bit of an issue around these parts at the moment it seems.

dbboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Appreciate your concerns, what time did the

> mugging happen and which side of Langton Rise was

> it (Underhill Road side or Westwood Park)?

It was the underhill road side which has bad lighting and no houses.

EDOliver Wrote:

> If there's such obvious drug dealing going on has

> anyone thought of calling the Police?? Not much

> they can do if they're not aware it's happening!

The police arrived within 10 minutes and have agreed there us a problem here but their hands are tied, so to speak.

DulwichDeviant Wrote:

> Ive lived one road away for 20yrs.

> Never noticed none of the above.

> Except the nickname it has AFFAIRS ALLY.

> Lots of cars pulling up to meet there lovers

> there.

>

> Rather amusing to observe.

Glad it keeps you amused! Maybe you could be the neighborhood watch for the area?

I have lived adjacent to Langston Rise for about 23 years - there have been in that time 2 or 3 occasions when tyres were dumped there, and a small number (perhaps 5-10) abondoned/ burnt-out cars. There have been annoying building and road repair works, and it is frequently used by the council etc. as a place to leave spoil heaps and machinery while work is going on in roads which do have houses fronted in them. And there was a short period when skips were being left there for later pick-up and used by others (people living locally would be my guess) for their own rubbish.

I really haven't noticed it being that much parked up - except when someone on Underhill or Wood Vale is having a party and street spaces are all used. Sometimes commercial vehicles do park up there - and we have had a few overnighters sleeping in their cars - but that is, I guess, because it is quiet and relatively traffic free in the small hours. This may have changed recently, but I haven't noticed it. The most parked up it has been in my recent memory was during the snow last year and the year before, when cars who couldn't or wouldn't manage the hill were being parked up and left by stranded motorists.

But this positive Toxteth of a description is alien to me.

Sorry to here about the mugging thats awful and seems to be happening all over the place at the moment.

I live right by that road & walk up it most days to catch the bus to work on woodvale. I haven't seen much fly tipping over the 6yrs i've lived here...also in my experience most of the cars I have seen parked up with engines running seem to be mini cab drivers killing time before the next fare ( see most of them with TFL cab stickers in window )