Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe.... arriving soon on Lordship Lane...

Dara @mrsimms

Good evening all .....

Spent another day at the shop meeting loads of local people.... who really are as enthusiastic as me to the opening of my shop....& again the picture taking was out in force ....

Quality Peanut brittle on my list ....& so are Floral gums .... very popular request...

Opening soon ... just waiting for my builders to give me the all clear..

Regards

Dara

Afternoon all ....

Stock should start arriving tomorrow....& all week

I?m looking to open very soon ....

A big thank you to all those people that have stopped to have a chat & look inside my shop ... & to all those taking pictures & spreading the arrival on social media...

Regards

Dara

Good morning all....

The moment so many have been waiting for ....

So here we go..... It gives me & my family great pleasure in officially announcing the opening of ...:..

*************************Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe East Dulwich, at 11am on Monday 27th May**********************

Hope to see you all there....

Regards

Dara

I'm still freaking out over the excitement of Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe, so this is going to be less of a review & more of a photo bomb!

My mum & I have been taking walks down to LL to check up on its progress & it's been a real treat in itself just to see this place develope over the past week! This truly is a much welcome addition to the neighbourhood. I got a chance to speak to the owner & he is just so down to earth.

Apologies for the jpegs! The pictures certainly do not do this place anywhere near justice & I realise you may not be able to get a close enough view to read the confectionary descriptions... you'll just have to take a visit yourself & try not to salivate ;)

n6Mne4i.png

fAmQWom.png

If LL keeps this up, I may actually have reason to shop in my local area as opposed to Regent St & Covent Garden to find this level of quality. Ed, Rye Books & now Mr Simm's is all I look forward to.

Seabag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I?m just as intrigued to meet Dara himself

>

> Sure Mrs Simmsee Olddee Sweetersweetee shoppeeee

> Establishmentee sounds delightful, but the

> enthusiasm of Dara has shone out here.

>

> See you soon

Absolutely! Don't be shy to approach him as he's eager to get your opinions on how to further improve

- as if this store could get any better?! He's very passionate about his work.

As mentioned in my previous posts, I got the chance to speak to him on the opening day. He was kind enough to invite my mum & I in, 2 evenings prior, as we were walking along LL with the intention of taking a peek at the progress on our way to M&S. I signaled back & declined his friendly offer as I'm currently in recovery (I personally don't like to be seen when I'm not well). But come opening day he recognised me & my mum as I was taking pictures to share with my American friend. We then began talking & sure! I got to know him a little bit.

I also took it upon myself to apologise on behalf of the forum members who were so rude towards him in this thread. There are a lot of keyboard warriors over here with far too much time on their hands but I'd hate for a newcomer to think that is a reflection of the real ED community. I was embarrassed & told him I'd be sure to share my photos (again these were initially to share with my friend in America) to the forums along with a kind of review.

Hope & Greenwood was a loss to ED. I see shops along NCR & LL. shut down as fast as they open, but the owner has reassured us that Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe is here to stay.

Peckhampam Wrote:

> Velvet blueberry. You seem to know him very well

> and be a great fan!

VelvetBlueberry - way too enthusiastic. You are entitled to your opinion of course, however we can all visit (or not) and make up our own minds. You also have no need to apologise for anybody posting on here. The owner made some unusual requests/comments on here way back and never actually answered some of the questions asked of him. So, great if it's a popular and useful addition to LL but think people will decide for themselves.

cella Wrote:

> VelvetBlueberry - way too enthusiastic. You are

> entitled to your opinion of course

& that is where you should have left it

> however we can

> all visit (or not) and make up our own minds. So, great if it's a popular and useful

> addition to LL but think people will decide for

> themselves.

Feel free to direct me to the part of my post where I forced everyone to visit. It's a review, it doesn't matter how enthusiastic it is - do not be so quick to jump to such conclusions - it is just an honest review. Lighten up. I took the time to post my personal pictures & share them with those who may not have had the chance to visit & would like a glimpse at what they are stocking. As mentioned, the pictures are poor so it doesn't make for a snapshot menu, people will have to visit for themselves if they want to know exactly what is being stocked.

They can indeed as I've said. Your rather offensive pm to me just now shows you up for what you really are though. Stick to commenting in public though or are you prepared to reveal who you really are?

cella Wrote:

> They can indeed as I've said. Your rather

> offensive pm to me just now shows you up for what

> you really are though. Stick to commenting in

> public though or are you prepared to reveal who

> you really are?

READ ABOVE

I am waiting for you to correct your accusation. The problem with presumptuous people (like yourself) is that it makes you look like an idiot. What are you SO offended by exactly? My enthusiasm? Or are you just so politically correct you can't handle social interraction? Feel free to meet me AND "Dara" so you can put your insercurities at rest. Until then, stop HIDING BEHIND YOUR PC & MAKING IRRATIONAL COMMENTS.

- as a side note, you are (not sure if intentionally) trying to sabotage somebody's business, but imagine if that was your own & the one nice comment you got on your business recieved backlash because there's too many grumpy people like yourself with way too much time on their hands.

cella Wrote:

> Complete nonsense. And your justification for the

> offensive pm is? You just need to reveal your

> identity.

My justification for asking you to calm down, you miserable old bat? Was in response to your distastful comment towards a genuinely kind review. See for yourself! If you're looking to start an argument, you wont get it from me. You can however find me in person as I live locally & will be more than happy to show you who I really am. If you do happen to be the miserable old bat you're making yourself out to be on the forums then shame on you.

As for "complete nonesense" that is not a response let alone a justification for your attack on a positive review.

Feel free to reveal who you really are.

cella Wrote:

> Interesting reaction.

Well there you go. Who's the coward now?

Mr Simms business appears to be booming & customers growing by the day, so regardless of the nasty comments made in this section or my overly enthusiastic response to the opening, it's not going to take away from his success.

Toodles!

Archived