Happy with East Duwich

It seems that it's human nature to focus on the negative.

That's why a newspaper which was started a few years back to publicise only good news failed miserably. People don't want to read about good news, they want to read about disasters .....

But I actually think there's a lot on this forum which is very positive, and over the years we've had quite a few threads (if my memory serves) concentrating specifically on what people like about the area.

But do feel free to start another one - oh, you have :)

We moved to East Dulwich in February and love it here - as you say Sue, it is just easier for people to let all the good things go un-possted and focus on the negative.

Bulglaries, muggings, aircraft noise (!) happen all over London and any major City in the world so I tend to ignore those threads and look for the positive ones.

Don't be mean about James. Unless you are prepared to spend much of your time trying to sort out people's problems and working for the good of East Dulwich (and no, I didn't vote for him and am not in favour of the CPZ).

PS I think that East Dulwich is one of e very best places in London to live...

Moved here a couple of months ago from North & East London - an interesting place here & people are certainly friendlier. What has REALLY helped is the EDF!! The responses to my initial email asking for suggestions of what to do were fantastic. James Barber also seems like a hardworking guy - he gets my vote (I am a born 'n bred Labour though). I quite like reading what seems to be negative stuff as I don't see it that way (eg the discussion about burglaries) as I have taken steps since reading people's comments. Also interesting to see just ow many people read these messages. (loved the Waitrose discussion - am a Waitrose fan but that's another story)

Really do love Lordship Lane, even if some of what you see is overpriced it still beats soooo many high streets. My favourite is Roullier White- one of my fave shops in all of London. Also loving the new interior shop that's opened. Even if I can't afford much it's a gem of a place to walk around and get ideas and chat to the staff.

Poor without it. I would only say when we loose our jobs isn't it Mr PR. Some people don't waste time anymore for things that doesn't exist.

Facts tell more than words and were are they !

How many innocent people and naive end up on the streets or claiming benefits becouse they beleive that "Father Chritsmas " will arrive one day. Yes I really feel sorry for some if they are not smart enough !

sambobia Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> And many thanks to James Barber for all his hard

> work over the past year. I appreciate the work he

> puts in on the forum and think we would be poorer

> without it.

xxxxxxx

Seconded

I just love East dulwich - even with James Barber - great parks, nice mix of real shops and good pubs. Some bits can get a bit up themselves but good to have the real life balance brought by Iceland, Farmers.

Just miss Nisha from Val's - the nicest shopkeeper ever.

i was born in East Dulwich and i love it, i wouldnt want to be any where else now,i moved out of london for a while in my teens but missed the people and places around here so much,i moved back here again and now East Dulwich is stuck wirh me for good...................