reuseable nappies

amyw

I found both Itti Bitti and Blueberries were lovely slim nappies, although in my experience they're better from about 6 months onwards. Generally an all in one type nappy (one that doesn't need a separate waterproof cover) will be less bulky than the more standard two part systems.

Good luck - I ended up terribly addicted to buying nappies when I had my daughter!

The most slimline I have are the flips, but I rarely use them as they have a reusable outer and then you just change the inner, allegedly, but any poo that happens means a change of both layers a lot in my experience. My go to nappies are BumGenius 4.0, I find them not too big and very reliable.

However, everyone I know that does reals have different preferences, it's as much about the baby as the nappy, so I would suggest only get 1 of any that you want to try, then once you've used them a lot, make a decision. I am another nappy addict though, have about 10 types!

Enjoy, it's a dangerous addiction :0) xxx

I agree with Lakey about trying different types before you settle on buying anything in bulk. I've been using flips mostly for my boy until recently but have just discovered bumgenius organic all-in-ones - why didn't I find them before?? They are pretty slim and sooo absorbent. Only downside is that they take ages to dry. The very slimmest I have used however are the fuzzibunz one size elite - they have a minkee insert that looks like it won't be at all absorbent, but it is brilliant, washes so well and doesn't stain or retain smells and is amazingly absorbent. For night forget about slimness and go for a fitted bamboo nappy with wrap - my fave is little lamb bamboo with motherease airflow wrap. Here are links to the bumgenius organic and fuzzibunz. Enjoy!

I use the flexitots I think, tots bots all in ones and they are great. I also have the two parters which are more bulky but also brilliant... I have tried other brands but they didn't work for us... try and get a few 2nd hand and try then before you buy in bulk also agree nappy lady is great website