best nursing bras?

the fitting room in forest hill is a good start. she knows her stuff.

www.thefittingstudio.co.uk

and i have found bravado nursing tank tops good although they aren't strictly the right size for me.

whatever you choose, def start with 1 or 2 and see how you get on before buying more as you will work out what suits you and nursing bras and tops are not cheap!

I have spent a fortune on nursing bras in the last 3 yrs - the best I have found are the 'Anita' underwired range. I have always worn underwired bras and was horrified initially by the non wired ones I tried. Some people I know do have concerns/problems but the wires in these bras are specifically designed for bf. I really have to say I'm not sure my bf 'career' would be quite as lengthy if not for these bras so am bit evangelical about them!!

You can get them at pretty pregnant and online (cheaper and some nicer styles).

I've been wearing some from Pretty Pregnant (underwire) which are brilliant. Not using them for feeding yet, but as maternity bras they've been great, really comfortable and give a decent amount of support. The girls at the shop seem to really know their stuff and they have a good range.

also as above re: only buying 1 or 2 to start with - it is hard to get an accurate measurement pre-birth as your boobs can grow so much bigger when your milk comes in postnatally. So defo buy just 1 or 2 to start with then maybe a third a few sizes up or preferably get remeasured and make purchases post-natally (when you can find the time!)

I'd also recommend a trip to the fitting studio in forest hill, and I would wait until after the baby is born as your ribcage will go down again quite a bit and your boobs will most likely get a lot bigger! I like Hot Milk and also the plain white Royce nursing bras for everyday. Once you know your size in a certain brand you can find them cheap on ebay or other online sites.

Oh and another thing to bear in mind which had not even occurred to me before starting out - or maybe it's just me - but I found I really needed to wear a bra or something like a nursing top with built in bra at night for quite a while - leakage and general comfort! So they really do have to be comfortable.

I too second pretty pregnant for advice (but cheaper online!) and actually debs hams on Oxford St had a huge selection and were so helpful. They brought me endless sizes and styles to try.

As snowboarder said get a tank style one that you can use breastpads with at night. I think they do a plain White two pack in Jojo

Like this: http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+2-pack-maternity-sleep-bras+a9252

I liked the bravado one but when you unclip the cup it is very exposing. There was one I got from debs hams that had a panel under the cup with a hole for the nipple so once the baby was attached was quite modest but wasnt as comfy as the more expensive ones. I didn't have any but the elle mcpherson ones are supposed to be good too. Good luck!

I've spent a fortune on nursing bras over the past 3yrs! Completely worth getting comfy ones that also look nice. I have a few by hot milk that are pretty and fit well. I found the sizes quite big though both in the back and cup. For everyday I love the underwired anita ones- too really supportive and they look like normal bras. I wore a bra at night for the entire 16 months of feeding my daughter- was a revelation to go to bed without 1! I like the bravado ones from jo jo. They come go sizes s m and l and aren't too structured. Definitely don't buy too many before baby is born. I made that mistake with 2nd baby and now have about 4 bras that are too small, may get to use them when baby drops feeds and I'm out producing as much milk.

I really loved the Emma Jane nursing bras. They are simple but comfy. I had a few pretty nursing bras from Elle McPherson, but I don't think they are great if you are very large as they don't offer that much support, but look really pretty. Better further down the line if you have dropped a few feeds (and cup sizes!)

try amoralia(second skin), they are AMAZING bras and have camis as well, they are sooo soft and comfortable i will deffinitly be using them for nightime or when im lounging in the house. Hotmilk is extremely comfy too and so supportive and anita is a fantastic brand too! iv been wearing hotmilk and anita through my pregnancy and theyve been great! you can get all of these in pretty pregnant or online. hope this helps!