Parking ticket in a loading bay on LL

karen1

Has anyone else challenged getting a ticket for being in the loading bay ouside Dulwich DIY ?

Last week I received a PCN for being in a bus lane before 10 am ,after which restrictions are lifted.

I didn't drive down the bus lane ,I just entered the section which was marked off as loading,but it is

before the sign saying that 'bus lane ends'. There are two poles next to the loading bay ,but they don't

have any signs on them to say that there is any time restrictions on loading. I have challenged the notice,

stating these facts but they have rejected it.The guys in Dulwich DIY told me im the 6th person yhey know of

that has been fined for this offence.

Should I challenge this again or just pay up in case they double the fine to ?130, does anyone know if I

have a case?

I didn't try to define 'loading', simply the time restrictions on it.

From the TFL website:

Loading time

Restricted to either 20 or 40 minutes depending on location. If no loading or unloading is noted after a five minute period, you may be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).

ETA: I agree that the bus lane probably over-rides the loading bay. I wouldn't take Southwark/Apcoa on over it unless there were signs specifically saying it didn't.

Salsaboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> OP, what offence does it specifically say on the

> PCN?

karen1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Has anyone else challenged getting a ticket for

> being in the loading bay ouside Dulwich DIY ?

> Last week I received a PCN for being in a bus lane

> before 10 am ,after which restrictions are

> lifted.

Since there is no sign stating the terms of loading times, I would challenge it and say you were loading or unloading. They cannot prove the terms of loading or unloading. Thre is a similar one outside snockers restaurant in clapham junction (albeit not a bus lane) but I once received a pcn for parking longer than 20 minutes 'with no activity seen of loading or unloading', challenged it and at a tribunal I asked them to produce photographic evidence of the terms of unloading/ loading, they couldn't and it was reversed.