New vets off Barry road

I can see why you're a bit annoyed but trust me its no different to other vets maybe only slightly more expensive but with more caring vets which in my experience you can't out a price on.

We have ours insured for this reason alone.

Reuben Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Spent 15 minutes with my cat at the Neighbourhood

> Veterinary Centre and came out ?219 poorer, ?45.60

> of which was for a simple blood pressure check. I

> feel robbed and won't be going back. They're very

> nice there but there's clearly an assumption that

> the locals are all made of money.

I should also add that a good vet is a real find and we are very very lucky to have two by the sounds it

Andybol Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I can see why you're a bit annoyed but trust me

> its no different to other vets maybe only slightly

> more expensive but with more caring vets which in

> my experience you can't out a price on.

>

> We have ours insured for this reason alone.

>

>

> Reuben Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Spent 15 minutes with my cat at the

> Neighbourhood

> > Veterinary Centre and came out ?219 poorer,

> ?45.60

> > of which was for a simple blood pressure check.

> I

> > feel robbed and won't be going back. They're

> very

> > nice there but there's clearly an assumption

> that

> > the locals are all made of money.

Our dog has a wealth of issues and the vets have always been upfront re costs for treatment and the benefits of them so we can decide. They are pretty good vets. have had worse before for sure. Have u got insurance as might be worth it in the long run

It sound's an awful lot of money for a BP check. I would have expected it to be free within a consultation, like a temperature check. I would definitely go back & find out what exactly you have paid for. They may have even made a mistake with the costs & you will never know.

• 3 years later...
Just come across this thread and thought I'd mention there is a new mobile vet who covers the area. I've just used them for my dog and cat, it was great! Completely stress free, the vet was lovely and very knowledgable. I will be sticking with them from now on, so much easier to stay at home and get the vet to come to you.