gassy baby

does anyone know any formula brand for gassy babies?

my baby is on aptamil at the moment and he finds it hard to bring up the gas and when he eventually does he is disturbed etc. Its so annoying as its also interrupts his sleep and wakes him up hence left with a cranky baby (bless him)

I am trying infacol at the moment before every feed. I think has made a small difference but not enough.

I heard that Hipp organic formula could do the trick, has anyone ever tried that?

any tips are welcome..

thanks

I had ordered online dentinox which arrived today so will start on that to see if it makes any difference. If not gripe water will be next on the list.

And yes I have the first osteopath appoinment tomorrow.

Just willin to try anything in hope it will help him!

What I don't get is that online I found quite a few formulas which are meant to be sensitive for gassy babies (like enfamil genlease & similac sensitive etc) but I think you can only get them from the US..

We currently.giving lo gripe water and have found that this is much more effective than the infacol. we did however have great difficulty getting hold.of the gripe water. seems to be out of stock in all supermarkets and boots etc. a chemist and was told someone came in an hour before me and bought up the last 6 bottles, so not sure if this is going to be discontinued. finally managed to get a bottle from Sheel pharmacy on ununhead lane, so your best bet is to try a local chemist.

Thanks Stellakis I will check the homeopathic remedy out.

(Chantell) So your little one is on Hipp but still gassy huh. A friend of mine recommended this brand as her son seems to be less gassy than when he was on aptamil.

My son is 6 weeks old and so hoping this gas story is going to end sometime soon...

Today I took him for the osteopath appointment. I dont want to sound negative but I m honestly not sure how they did and how it would help him. However still willing so I will take him again next week...fingers crossed.

really? now i m impressed.... im definitely going next week :o)

ok something else that is really odd..

when I took baby boy yesterday to the osteopath they also offered me a session after I told them about my heavy blood flow for the past 2-3 days. I thought it was my period early and ultra ultra ultra heavy.

Now Ok this could be a big coincidence but since last night it seems to have eased off, as in not changing a heavy duty pads every 1-2 hours..

so hmmmmmm who knows!

sorry to go on about blood etc but i am a little amazed if the osteopath had anything to do with it.

Gripe water is a godsend.. There was a manufacturing problem with it I was told hence impossible to get hold of but saw it back on the shelves at lloyds yesterday.. I'd grab some while you can. When I give it to my son he starts farting up a storm almost immediately! X