Is there a reliable estate agent in Dulwich?

ronnybooth

There are no reliable Real Estate agents. They are unskilled salesmen, and landed in the job because they were no good at anything else.

I have used Pickwicks, and they were awful. Didnt return calls or emails, lied on numerous occasions and generally unhelpful.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

For a letting agent I would recommend Portmoor ( www.portmoor.co.uk ). The guy we dealt with had a RICS degree etc and was much more knowledgeable and helpful than others I have dealt with in the past. For the letting part they all seem quite similar but the property management is where you need to be careful and make sure you have got someone who knows what they are doing.

I don't know about sales but I guess it matters less as you are not leaving them to look after your property just to find someone. Could just negotiate hard on fee and go multiagency.

Hi we sold our house in East Dulwich through James and the gang at Fishneedwater.com, an absolutely brilliant honest service, they are not it overpricing and really wouldn't want to tarnish them by describing them as estate agents. They were reliable, contactable and brilliant negotiators.

I liked Haart when I was a buyer but when I came to sell I was really put off by their t&c's, some of them they were, in my opinion, downright unfair. They were so loaded in their favour. All estate agents are like that, you might say, but I do remember one point in particular, was far more restrictive than I'd seen in other t&c's. I wanted to go over it with them to negotiate some of the terms and I was told No negotiation possible. I was really surprised because the previous two agents I'd used had let me sit down with them and go through all the points and we came to a reasonable compromise, or as reasonable as can be in such a cut-throat business, but anyway, I was glad that they (the other agents) took my concerns on board. Plus with Haart, I found they had no time for my queries at all, whereas another agent, known to be real cut-throats, sat down with me and let me go over every point I wanted and when I said "Am I taking much longer than other people?' the girl said, "don't worry, everyone does this" which really put me at my ease. Who was that? Foxtons, would you believe!! However, they did annoy me a bit by forgetting (ignoring?) some of the things I'd said were very important to me, but on balance I was satisfied with their service and consider they did a good job.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't use KFH in Dulwich Village. We have had no end of problems with them. We have complained about their service on numerous occasions and still nothing improves. We have lost a house we offered on, and an offer on our flat fell through due to their mismanagement and we are not the only ones this has happened to. They give bad advice, don't give feedback on viewings (if you get many), are never in the office when you call to speak to them, don't return your calls, don't respond to emails and are generally a waste of space. Plus their fees are higher than other local agents.

After all of the problems we have had we want to move to another agent. We only have two weeks left on our contract but they won't let us out of it.

Try Pedder in the village. I have asked them to take over once we manage to get out of the contract with KFH. They seem like a much nicer bunch!

• 2 years later...