Kingsdale School Ofsted?

My children are in other year groups but I know parents of older children who are also mystified by your post and rather wonder who you are, as do I. If you're going to post wild misinformation in a public forum you must expect to have it corrected. That doesn't constitute 'a lecture'. Enough with the capitals.

Sorry to here about your sons result ydrmdy. The OCR paper he took was not a good one and a lot of kids would have struggled. The pass mark just to get a E was 60% and only 80% to get A. A lot of complaints will be going to OCR about this paper. Hopefully they will produce something better in time for the retakes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well here is a bolt from the EDF archives come back to say hello to all those defending parents or whoever they were.....

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/education/result-of-cheat-probe-at-kingsdale-foundation-school-praised-by-david-cameron-was-kept-secret-7793203.html

Imagine my surprise on seeing that. So it isn't all done and dusted. At least this year's Year 11 pupils will have some safeguards if indeed the allegations from last year were true.

But there's no actual news in that article at all, just a 'claim' by 'critics' that the results of the investigation have been 'suppressed'. The article then just repeats the original allegations and all the parties involved have refused to comment. In other words, there's no new news, just people dragging the subject back into the public eye for reasons of their own - presumably the same reasons for it re-surfacing here. Meanwhile all last year's results came out on time and none were changed as a result of the investigation.

I'm not going to comment further as anything I say will no doubt be dismissed by some as me being a 'defending parent'. I do defend the school as my children go there and attacks on the school rebound onto the pupils. At least my motives are clear.

"Exams watchdog Ofqual said special measures are being put in place to ensure this year?s exams are secure but refused to comment on the delays."

"A spokeswoman for the OCR exam board said the investigation was ongoing."

No, no news in that article at all. And that OCR quote is a comment by the way.

Curmudgeon Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Evening Standard back in August

>

> "An investigation by exam boards into claims of

> cheating at Kingsdale Foundation School in Dulwich

> is looking at vocational qualifications, after

> initially focusing on AS-levels and GCSEs so that

> results can be given out on time, said a source.

> It has been alleged pupils were given too much

> help with exams. Head Steve Morrison said awarding

> bodies were satisfied the integrity of GCSEs and

> AS-levels was not impaired"

>

> http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-239

> 78558-students-fight-for-a-place-on-company-sponso

> red-degrees.do

>

> It's not as newsworthy as 'scandal' so no other

> info to be found anywhere

Carbonara Wrote:

> It is standard protocol that exam procedure

> investigations remain confidential - the JCQ

> require this. In the year the KD questions were

> riased the JCQ issued penalties to 106 examining

> centres, none of which were made public.

>

> Parents of happy succesful children at KD are of

> course somewhat protective of confidentiality

> because the public fuss may throw suspicion on

> qualifications from the school, hardly fair on

> hardworking children once any investigation has

> sorted out any system errors. This is one reason

> why JCQ investigations are confidential.

Well I am awaiting one great reveal or another in the same way.

As I have written previously, I am looking at schools and this ongoing situation is just too fascinating, especially when you do not hear any such stuff about any other secondary school in the area.

If you are a genuine yr 5 parent with such concerns about Kingsdale I would seriously not put on list? Why would you put your precious ( ditto any parent ) into a school that you clearly feel is not just sub standard but a badly run ,cheating mess ? Why not let us delusional fools that have kids at the school just get on with it ?

Very good point.

However I think that whatever happened won't happen again (if it happened!!) so you needn't worry about your child. What I would worry about would be the integrity of whoever allowed it, if they are still on the staff and whatever happened is proved.

And you are also correct about one thing, I wouldn't apply for a place to send my child there if it turns out to be true.

One of the comments on the Evening Standard piece mentioned that over 40 teachers are going to leave KD this year. Can anyone verify this info? I also note that this and other comments on the article have since been removed from the ES site.

prickle Wrote:

> One of the comments on the Evening Standard piece

> mentioned that over 40 teachers are going to leave

> KD this year. Can anyone verify this info? I also

> note that this and other comments on the article

> have since been removed from the ES site.

I am fed up with the administration doing this - anything negative about Kingsdale and its gone! It just adds to a feeling of a coverup.

traveller1 Wrote:

> What - now the Evening Standard is a

> co-conspirator in an ever expanding coverup?

> Suggest you come back down to planet earth, it's a

> secondary school not Watergate.

Hard to believe isn't it? But seeing (or in this case not seeing) is believing - the comments were definitely taken down.

Metallic you are not interested in 'schools' but in a school. I think you perhaps should cast your net a bit wider if you are genuinely looking for the right school for your child. There are many other secondary schools to seeks further information about, discuss, query, cast a critical eye over - as we all do when going through the process. However, you only ever seem interested on 1 school. Odd.

• Administrator
I'm getting a weird vibe about this thread and there are some dodgy things being said. People with axes to grind about the school should not use the forum for that purpose. Some messages have been removed, and if the perpetrators continue then they will be banned and this thread (and others about this school) will be removed.

As I said before, there are numerous investigations into allegations, and all the others last year have remained cionfidential. In the interests of the children in the school.

The fact that teachers used the internet to make this public suggests a campaign against the management or leadership of the school, or maybe against former colleagues, who knows. But since there are proper channels for the scrutiny of exam procedure, why is it being repeatedly raked up on anonymous forums?

Also, beware unintended consequences. If it is a campaign against the management, what of innocent hardworking teachers who could be caught in the crossfire and allegations?

Anyone thinking of KD as a school for their child should surely ask the school what is happening and how exam integrity will be protected. Not stir it up, with the potential damage for current pupils, on internet forums.