Kitten wanted

nic32

Has anyone got or are expecting kittens?

I am an experienced cat person and my daughter would love a kitten. We live in a quiet street and have a very large garden. If anyone can help you can be assured that the cat will be very much loved and cared for.

Nic and Edie

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• I've known of this forum for a while, and given its very active and obviously contains a lot of locals I thought this would be a good place to ask... I have a dilemma and I could find some old thread from '14, but obviously in a decade much has changed with all of these areas (maybe the village less so) - so some background I'll supply, and I'd love to know what folks think on the area that will suit best based on below situation and wants/needs Us Mid/late 30's have lived nearer to Clapham/Brixton for many years - current house large enough but small garden, and Brixton area not great for kids plus long school commute A young kid starting school in the not too distant future (school slap bang in the middle of all the Dulwich's (not state) Work remote mostly around St Pauls a few days (both parents) so half decent links to that area of London good  Requirements Access out of London to the SW/W required occasionally by car, don't know anyone further East/South really Want a larger garden for kid/us - ideally semi detached house at the least and nothing smaller than what we have (which rules out most of ED apart from Upland/Friern type houses) Things locally to do with kids (soft play/fun park/cinema etc) and also a few handy shops (Rosendale Road/Park Hall Road would likely cover most little things) Nice and relatively safe neighbourhood feel - currently most of our street are 20 something sharers who aren't able to work out how the wheeliebins work/Brixton nutters roam about here Not too loud, there is a lot of noise where we are now, and its not what I want next time - so away from main road/bus route ideally. Ideally a walk to school or very short car/bike/scooter ride weather permitting it is one of the well known Dulwich schools  My take on things - please correct me/add to this, as I am not a local! Budget is up to around £2m, and in ED to get the same size house (circa 1800 sqft 4/5 bed) I'd probably end up quite a way from things, either on Upland/Friern or the bottom of Peck Rye for example I've seen some houses, seems a bit remote - most of the houses with good access to Lordship are quite small. Houses in the Village are either too expensive or are going to be the same as what I have now albeit with a better garden, but decent neighbourhood feel/access to park/local shops and things etc I feel is peak here of all areas - its nice and quiet - transport is a bit pants mind you Houses in WD seem to be larger in size, have nice sized gardens, depending how close I can get to WD station, the school is very close, there are 3 stations that would work well, and there is a small selection of local shops, feels OK neighbourhood wise? Nearer Norwood end I worry of all the things I dislike about being near Brixton, but maybe that is unfounded.   On balance I think trying to buy something around Rosendale road shops in either direction a couple hundred meters is likely going to offer the best house, best transport options, and meet my criteria with quieter life and being best for the school. But it isn't close to any of the parks really, and is it a bit dull if I get sick of The Rosendale? Dulwich Village I suspect is the best all round option but transport isn't great and obviously its the most expensive, and the LTN on Court Lane makes living in the roads there (which is likely all I could afford) and trying to get out SW a pain as you have to go all the way around. I like Lordship lane the most as a place for 'stuff' (although not sure these days if its that child compatible with loads of young people?), but house wise I'd likely end up too far from anything interesting as anything within a short walk of LL is pretty small and they don't have decent sized gardens. Any opinions welcome and encouraged as short of spending bloody ages online I only know what I know from my handful of visits to either location over the years.
    • You might possibly consider that the the degree of scepticism and suspicion your original post encountered was largely due to the accusatory nature of the title in which you specifically identified a long-standing and respected local business. You also sensationalised the matter by using the words "poisoning" and  "twice!" in the heading.  
    • Thank you for your replies all. Elloriac, I followed your advice: I filled out the form and they said they would collect today. So I left the sharps bins on my front door last night, with a not like you said and this morning they were all gone! Fantastic. 
    • I feel like I need a 'Rory Stewart' style quick explanation on the debate around Dulwich LTN. Would anyone have any pointers to a balanced summary? I'm moving to the village soon and I feel like I need to understand this better given the strength of sentiment expressed on some of these threads. Any help appreciated!  
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In