Spanish toddler group

arworld

MoniqueBello Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Fab, Let's agree to meet on the 4th March, Sunday,

> at the DOG, Dulwich Village from 12 onwards.

> Everyone welcome bilingual or not, and kids. We

> can talk there and then how to develop the group

> and focus on spanish skills.

So, is this still on for today?

My mistake completely! Yes the 4th! Im very sorry had it in my calendar as saturday by mistake. Anybody up for it this coming weekend? I did meet a couple on saturday and their son Thomas but now im sure they weren't part of this! Please let me know if anybody can do it this weekend.

Hi!

My name is Paloma. I?m a graduate in psychology in the University of Spain.

I?m looking to work as a nanny / au pair for an family, because I want to improve my english. I can to teach spanish to children. I?m currently living in London.

I have lot of previous experience in taking care of children. I have worked as nanny for a couple family in my city; and on summers for a hotel in my city where I was called to babysit for their client?s children during the night.

In addition, I have two nephews - sixteen and seven years old- and one niece - five years old- . Since they were born I have always helped my sisters with them.

I?m an energetic person that enjoys playing with children. I am very patient and responsible. In my spear time I like to be with my nephews and nice, walk near the beach in Tarifa, my town in the province of Cadiz, with a beautiful beach and I very much enjoy the sunset.

I hope you find my profile interesting and I get contacted by you a soon possible. I need to start as soon as possible.

Thank you very much. Paloma.

I have just found this thread and sounds great!

I'm Spanish & my partner English. I talk to our toddler in Spanish, but sometimes I can't find the right words...as I don't know many Spanish people any more, I usually speak in English.

I don't think I'll be able to make it this w/end but would love to meet in the near future!!

I have just read this post and would be really interested in meeting up with you all if you're still carrying on with the Spanish toddler group. My husband is Spanish, I'm English but speak fluent Spanish. I normally just speak English to our two year old but am really keen for our son to have more contact with Spanish so would love to meet other bilingual families. Please let me know if you're meeting up again. I live in Forest Hill and know some other Spanish/English families here.

Hi, ditto the above message - I'm English but speak Spanish fairly fluently (though a bit rusty these days!) and want to teach my 16 month old son as much Spanish as possible so would be interested in meeting up. I can do Wednesdays or weekends.

Thanks!

Suzy

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone.

I came accros this thread when I was having a look around for activities for my sons 2 and 5 that would involve learning Spanish. I'm a Spanish speaker but not being my first language I've not done a good job teaching them... I wondered if you all met up in the end and whether you have any suggestions.

Thank you!

I can?t meet tomorrow, but would love to come to future meetings. we?re bringing our kids up to be bilingual, but now we are back in england i think the toddler would benefit from more exposure to spanish than just at home.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

There is a group called Bienvenidos that runs on Monday mornings 10-11 at St. Saviours scout hut on Brockley rise in Honor Oak. It's ?25 for 6 sessions. I have started going there. There's a lot of non Spanish speaking families that go there as well though so if anyone starts something up which is more for bilingual kids please let me know. I'm always looking for more things to do with my toddler in the afternoons so maybe we could organise to meet up one afternoon?

• 2 weeks later...