Local Venue for a 40th and dancing suggestions

cazzyr

Hello,

2 questions...

Other than upstairs at the Magdala does anyone know of a good venue for hire to accomodate about 50 people tolerate loud ish music (a band) up to 2am in east Dul/Peckham/Nunhead area?

Also does anyone know of a venue in town that does evening dancing suitable for older ladies? A group aged 60+ who are not averse to modern music but don't want to be squashed into a corner by teenagers....

Many thanks

A number of sports grounds rent out their club houses - these can be quite isolated, so noise less of an issue - although you will have to check how late they are prepared to go. Also better for summer parties (obviously). I've been to some great ones in venues like this.

Good points - parking is good at most of them as well, assuming you have designated drivers.

• 11 months later...

Can anyone else add to this thread? I am in the market for a 40th birthday venue and have started to discount pubs as they tend to chuck you out by 12, and while my days of partying til dawn are over, 12 feels a bit early for me!

The bussey building in Peckhma would have been perfect but is already booked on my chosen dates. Boo. There must be some groovy bar spaces avaialble up to around 2am?

Southwark are pretty hot on late night openings especially this end of the borough where is predominantly residential.

We often get enquiries for bookings for ED Community Centre who want to go on until 4 am. They do not like it when we say 10 o clock is latest.

You could try places like Dulwich College - the Old Library

• 2 weeks later...

Archived