Estate agent fees and tie in period

tommy

Evening, can anyone who has put their house up for sale recently let me know what they negotiated as a rate charged, and the tie in period with a sole agent.

Am interested in knowing what the going rate is

Thanks

Can I draw your attention to a special offer by Ludlow Thompsonin Wimbledon, where they are charging a special flat rate ?1500 fee. For a ?500k house that compares with the usual ?7,500 that they would cream off. If Ludlows can do that in Wimbledon, it's worth challenging them (or other estate agents in East Dulwich) to be equally competitive in SE22. Remember, 20 years ago the typical fee for an estate agent round here for a flat was 2% of ?50,000, i.e. ?1,000. That means even with inflation, their services today shouldn't be worth more than ?2,000 (just how many days work do they put into selling a home?). So there ought to be plenty of room for haggling.

Hiya, we put our flat on for rent with Taaksvale Property Services, they only charged 4% flat rate, includes tenancy agreement and inventory.

The service they provided was really good.

I noticed they were offering 0.75% selling fee!!

• 11 months later...
Any update on what the current goof rate is for fees and tie ins? The market seems very competitive at the moment in east dulwich. We're just toying with the idea of selling so any tips on estate agents who are good or to avoid would be great.

Archived