Green Party and Mayor/London elections

Inthepink

In the interests of balance, Ken's pledges.

Pledges

Our Labour campaign is reaching out to Londoners in every part of the capital and from every background and political opinion who want a fairer deal. Residents in outer London have been betrayed, in many cases hit hardest by soaring fare rises and cuts to the police. I will put that right.

Fares

I will cut fares by 7% this year and freeze them throughout 2013. Oyster single bus fares will be reduced from ?1.35 to ?1.20. From 2014 fares will not rise...

Police

Boris Johnson has admitted cutting 1,700 police officers. If I am elected, I will reverse his cuts. And I will reinstate sergeants to all 600 Safer Neighbourhood Teams, more of...

Housing

I will establish an all-London non-profit making lettings agency which, by cutting out Estate Agents' profit, will help reduce rents and provide secure tenancies, and I will campaign for a...

Energy Bills

I will enable London households to save over ?150 a year on energy bills through taking up money from energy companies for better insulation, which Boris Johnson has...

EMA

After the Tory-led government's abolition of EMA I am committed to restoring a London-wide Educational Maintenance Allowance of up to ?30 per week in term by bringing together...

Childcare

?I will help families with the upfront cost of childcare through offering grants of up to ?700 to low income families and interest-free loans to families earning up to ?40,000...

Email sign up

Yes it was I have tube map with it on. Boris Cancelled it.

Why is it a Daft Idea? Why cant we ride bikes? They are getting them in Hackney and Stratford.

I'd have thought it was safer in Dulwich. We could ride to Camberwell or Croydon or the Cycle Station at Elephant or ride through the parks. The take up has been huge by both commuters and tourists.

The cycle docks form an integrated network, you can't just stick one on it's own, several miles from the nearest dock.

Generally speaking the plan hasn't been rolled out to the suburbs yet, so it seems strange to suggest that Dulwich has been specifically excluded. I also heard that Stratford is set to get the bikes, but I think we can all agree that Stratford is something of a special case.

Hackney is just as 'inner London' as Southwark. As is the Western most part of Hammersmith . In fact its further out.

The Scheme goes east and west but not South or North! And we already stick out like a sore thumb. No Tube No Tram and no Cable Car(I'm glad about this one!)

the-e-dealer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes it was I have tube map with it on. Boris

> Cancelled it.

East Dulwich was on the original Overgorund plans but it fell off years before Boris took the reins. I wouldn't even blame Ken, either - pretty sure TFL changed the plans.

The southerly route across south London's existing network of suburban railways underwent many changes before a final route was decided. Initial proposals around 1992 envisaged the western extension running from Peckham Rye to East Dulwich.[40] The 1999 proposals listed four options, all starting south of Surrey Quays:[citation needed]

through Forest Hill to West Croydon station, with a spur from Sydenham to Crystal Palace (a route eventually selected and implemented for part of Phase 1);

through East Dulwich and Tooting to Wimbledon (rejected);

through Denmark Hill to Clapham Junction (the route eventually selected for Phase 2);

through Forest Hill and Norwood Junction to West Croydon (a route eventually selected and implemented for part of Phase 1).

In the final plans, the Dulwich option was rejected, with the western extension terminating at Clapham Junction instead.

Arguments were made for the line to be extended further south to Sutton, but estimates indicated that passenger usage would be so great that the line would be unable to take much traffic north of West Croydon and this option was not adopted.[citation nee

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My wife was sure to vote Ken, but reading THIS is making her seriously think twice.

Quite. Livingston has a rather unpleasant side that he somehow gets away with.

How bizarre: the Jewish author condemns, "his hugging embrace of Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi, the scholar who supports female genital mutilation, the murder of homosexual people, and suicide bombing so long as the victims are Israeli civilians, deeming even the unborn child inside an Israeli mother's womb a legitimate target, because that child will one day grow up to wear his country's uniform" yet ignores his own religion's genital mutilation of male babies or The King's Torah wherein, "it is permissable to kill the Righteous among Nations even if they are not responsible for the threatening situation," and "If we kill a Gentile who has sinned or has violated one of the seven commandments - because we care about the commandments - there is nothing wrong with the murder" and 'that even babies and children can be killed if they pose a threat to the nation'.

Pot, Kettle, Black!

Not all Jews are religious and follow the teachings of the (ancient) Torah. And do you think those that do, all take it literally word for word? Every religion has nutters who will follow ancient texts to the letter. Most religious people are just trying to live good lives.

Why stir HAL, is it just that you can't help yourself?

The King's Torah is hardly ancient; it was published in 2010 and has been endorsed by prominent rabbis throughout the Jewish community. It represents the worst of modern Jewish extremism.

My post merely redresses the balance.