-

Nishmamehta

Really ?

The hostess traditionally pays for the baby shower and its associated costs. However, the hostess can divide up the responsibility and costs by asking a few close family members or friends to co-host. This helps to reduce the overall expense and alleviates some of the financial obligation of hosting a baby shower.

I hope your sister has a lovely baby shower.

However I think you might find that your request for prizes e.lg wine and gift sets is not met with an overwhelming response. People on the forum often ask for goods but this is usually given to refugees/ women in hostels, somene who might be homeless - basically not to help someone have a party. Perhaps it's just me but I find this rather unusual - unless there's a massive backstory to this event.

I'm going out for beers and a curry with a few mates on Thursday night. I would prefer if someone else paid for it. So if anyone has any money lying around that they don't need, I'd appreciate if you'd let me know. I do plenty of charity, and think of myself as a super-nice guy, so I guess that entitles me to a share of other people's stuff right?

Ah the edited 1 time 'hyphen of shame'.....

Don't worry OP, many of us have been there, and the inability on this forum to delete a whole thread means the thread often stands as an abandoned memorial to forum activity while intoxicated or perhaps just to a momentary lack of judgement.....