306 Medical Centre, Lordship Lane

Monkey

I am currently with the DMC on Crystal Palace Road and starting to suspect they have no GPs left. Receptionists try and discourage me to make appointments in advance ("why don't you call first thing in the morning and make an appointMent for the same day?") because the nearest available slot is usually more than three weeks away. And when I call in the morning, I can't get through for an hour by which time there is no emergency appointment

Enough is enough. I have decided to switch.

Has anyone got experience of the 306 Medical Centre on Lordship Lane? Are the doctors good? more importantly, is it possible to see a doctor when you need to?

Thank you in advance.

My only experience of them is trying to get an emergency appointment and/or register when we first moved here. I struggled down the narrow corridor thing with my buggy to find the door locked (it was lunchtime). I then rang the number displayed outside the building to find out their opening hours but there was no answer and no ansafone message so I went to DMC instead!

I'm experiencing the same problems with DMC though I must say.

We left 306 LL Medical centre some years ago as we were not impressed by Dr.Dewji who seemed very ineffcient after his senior partner (Dr. During) died. My family and I had been at the practice when it was in Townley Road since the NHS started, but could not stand the terrible locum doctors Dewji employed. We transferred to The Gardens but it took us 2 years as their lists were constantly full.

I did hear from friends that there is a very good female doctor now at 306 - as a junior partner.

I'm at 306, and whilst I'm registered with Dr Dewji, I see Dr Chowdhury - the female GP mentioned above. I've found her efficient and supportive. Like all GP's she is quick during her consultations but I've always got what i wanted from her.

As for appointment times - it varys. If you don't mind who you see you can get an appointment fairly quickly, but if you are specific then i find 1-2 weeks normal. Mind you, i have been able to get cancellation appointments when I've been desperate to see Dr C quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
I too am with 306, and had thought of moving beacsue of the time lapse in getting an appointment., but this seems to eb a problem everywhere:( But as mentioned above I have found Dr. Choudhray very efficent and empathatic. I too have found Dr. Dewji lacking in care sometimes and seems reluctant to give advice unless you force it out of him!

I am with the 306 Medical Centre and I have only had good experiences with the centre. I've never had any problem getting an appointment and my experience is that they've always gone out of their way to fit me in. Even when they haven't had space, they've said to come and wait and they'll try and squeeze me in - and they have.

I have also found them good about referring me to the right people at the hospital - so it's a thumbs up from me.

• 2 years later...

Moved from dmc for all the usual reasons - now at 306 and really rate it - have always got an appointment quickly - think dr chowdhury is brilliant and the nurse too

You can get through at 8 am! A breath of fresh air

I am in the same boat - can't bear DMC and looking to move. Met Dr C recently at the seldoc clinic and thought she was really good, so I would definitely move but for the fact that I can't imagine it's easy to park the car closeby (unlike DMC).

I moved to 306 from DMC because of the usual gripes. Dr C is great, and the receptionists are lovely - whenever I ring up they always ask me if it's for me or the children and will fit them in if needed. Parking's not too bad really. I used to live a couple of doors down and there are plenty of spaces in the day.