Computer repair needed

Rosie_E_R

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can recommend someone/ somewhere to fix a laptop computer; I'm not too keen to take it to somewhere that will just rip me off! I think it should be a simple fix, it's just the power cable socket that's come loose. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Rosie

Thanks for all the suggestions.

My computer is a MSI CR360, hope that's not one of the more difficult ones to fix.

While I'm on the subject I have an old lenovo laptop that I want to get rid of. It works fine apart from the screen is broken!

• 5 weeks later...
I recently came across IT999, run by a guy called Paul and I have to say I'm really pleased with the work he's done in sorting out my PC. He was extremely thorough and found a number of viruses, performed some updates and has generally got it working as it should. And his rates are very reasonable too. An all-round top service. I only wish I had found him sooner.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your kind words Julie.

If I may just add some extra information about my services.

I can help with a wide range of IT and home technology issues:

>> PC, laptop and netbook repairs

>> Installation of operating systems and software

>> Hardware upgrades and advice

>> Computer servicing and health checks

>> Setting up wired and wireless networks

>> Virus/spyware removal and protection

>> Setting up backups for your data

>> Data recovery

>> Help with smartphones and tablets

>> Streaming of video and audio around your home network

>> Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of televisions, home cinema equipment and speaker systems

No call-out charge | No fix - no fee | Free pick-up and return service

Please get in touch if you need some help.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to add a recommendation for Paul (it999). I was having some general IT issues (trying to hook up an extra phone line and broadband to my sky+ box) and needed some IT savvy beyond my own lmited means. Paul came round the next day, worked everything out and even sold me the gear needed to fix it (which he had in his magic bag of IT tricks). He has a no fix - no fee policy and when he does fix it, his rates are very reasonable. Highly recommended.

• 3 months later...

I also wanted to recommend Paul at IT999. He has fixed my ailing laptop, sorted out wi fi in my shed and has generally given me lots of advice about things I know nothing about! He is a very friendly, helpful and reasonably priced. Great relief to find someone localish who can help with computer probs.

Helen

• 3 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Paul at IT999. He collected my laptop from my home the same day I called him and was returned quickly.. Price was very reasonable and he also installed a new back up system for me and showed me how run it (in fact he has set it up as an auto run).

Really impressed.. Nice guy and supplied an invoice.

Def recommend.

• 3 months later...

Paul from IT999 came highly recommended to me via a lovely existing client, we are a skincare clinic based in Kirkdale, Sydenham however, we were previously based in East Dulwich for 11 years. Paul took our old pc away to his A & E clinic. He took all the information off it and loaded it onto our new pc including our specific software for the business.

I found Paul to very straightforward, fantastic on delivery and he patiently spent time teaching me how to use the new pc.

I recommend him very highly.

Janis Hendrickson

JH Skincare Clinic

• 5 months later...

Another recommendation for Paul at It999

He came round within a day of me contacting him and sorted out my PC within 2 hours.

He talked me through some of the little irritations that I was having with my pc and gave me some great advice.

No more shouting at the screen for me! :-)

Thanks Paul.

Amanda

• 2 months later...

And another recommendation for Paul at it999.

Kitted us out with new PC, backup sever for the network (4 computers), new router, transfer of data to new kit so on & so forth.

Very knowledgeable, thourough, helpful and punctual.

Much appreciated, Paul.

Archived