Any Goose Green parents out there?

Hello all,

We've just been offered a place at Goose Green and I don't know anyone there at all (we live quite far away). I've just seen the last Ofsted which was a bit alarming, but I've heard things may have changed since then (2010)? I just wondered if anyone could spare some time to have a chat about the school - I'd be happy to ring you if you PM me your number.

Many, many thanks!

Hello

We've been at Goose Green School for 5 years now and have seen it transform from an under performing school to a wonderful, vibrant community school with some of the best SATS results and extra curricular activities in the area. The Ofsted report is way out of date, but please do visit the school for yourselves and take a look at the website www.goosegreenprimaryschool.org

Personally, I just can't recommend this school enough. I feel privileged that my children attend Goose Green.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like a chat - but be warned, I have only good things to say!!

I have a son in Year 2. This is our second school and I thank goodness we were given Goose Green - it's been a positive, affirming experience for my son and for me. If you'd like any more reassurance, feel free to DM me.

Hi zelda, I've just been offered a place for my son. I had reservations at first from the ofsted results but was very impressed when I looked around (and I looked at a Lot of local schools). I've also heard really good things from a lot of parents and am now feeling very positive about it. If you fancy meeting up sometime do get in touch as it would be great to meet some other children who are starting next year too.

Hi all,

I have also been offered a place at Goose Green for reception in September. I would be very keen to hear stories from parents with children already there, or meet up with parents who's children will be starting in September.

Hi,

My son attends reception at Goose Green and is very happy there. He is progressing well and enjoys every part of his day there. The staff are committed and track each child effectively. I can't say enough good things about it. Please feel free to pm with any further questions.

Dear all,

The head teacher of Goose Green will be conducting a tour of the school at 9.15 next Tuesday(1st) there are likely to be parents whose children will be in reception 2012 on that tour and, hopefully, parents of children already at the school on hand afterwards for coffee and biscuits and to share their experiences.

Please feel free to PM the PTA if you have any questions

GGPTA

Totally with you goosemum, well said.

So glad my son has got another 2 years at this brilliant school. It wasn't great just before and during special measures some years back, but in fact we were still happy and more importantly, our boy was and was thriving. It's been on a continuous improvement path ever since, taking massive steps and we couldn't be happier (well, maybe if they started teaching Chinese, but hey!).

Dagmar