12pm start Sat 20th July - 'March For Change' in Central London

IlonaM

diable rouge Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Don't worry everyone, when Pritti Patel becomes

> Home Secretary we'll simply starve the Oirish into

> submission...

and divert aid money to the IDF (I think that's what she was trying to do when recalled on the flight of shame)

Jenny1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> diable rouge Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > As much as I would like it to happen for the

> > comedy value of seeing Johnson's face, it's

> very

> > unlikely that there will be a no confidence

> vote

> > as soon as he takes office of PM.

>

> Sadly, I have to agree!

Hmmm

"Labour appear to be leaning against such a move, because of a precedent involving Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper in the parliamentary handbook Erskine May." (Sky News)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Yup. It involves listening before decision are made. It's not a referendum. If you actually look at the detail of the responses from the original consultation, many responses are all over the place. People saying they want less rat running, but also don't want to restrict through traffic for example. The council took account of responses to the consultation, alongside data, expert opinions, commitments they were elected on etc. Then they made a decision and stood for re-election on the basis of their actions. You may not like it, but that's our system. Any chance you're willing to defend One Dulwich's claims now?
    • LTN is scam and has to go 🙂
    • Perhaps not. But I would return to the question I posed above: We have a system of democracy and if you want to debate it's pros and cons, start a thread on it. …and still no one willing to defend the claims in One Dulwich’s latest missive? Come on, there must be someone? 😂
    • To which one do you refer - the original OHS consultation from 2017? BTW here are the guidelines on consultations: Consultation is technically any activity that gives local people a voice and an opportunity to influence important decisions. It involves listening to and learning from local people before decisions are made or priorities are set.    It seems the voice only apllies if constituents agree with the council's proposals...if they disagree thays when they claim "this was not a referendum".  ...you forgot to mention that the polling was conducted amongst those who live WITHIN an LTN...an important, perhaps deliberate, ommission on your part..
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In