Dulwich leisure centre - annoyed!

Is anyone else sick of trying to get through to the leisure centre? I pay 46 a month, I can never get through on the phone, it either rings out, no one answers, or they pick up and then hang the phone back down, I have been trying for 2 days to get through! I have to call as I have a son who I have to book into the cr?che, you cant book it on the Internet! So by the time I get through to see if there is in fact room for my son in the cr?che that particular day all the classes are booked out...... So annoying and frustrating! If they would just pick up their phones, and quit with attitude as well, a smile goes a long way, especially when the service is not up to scratch.

Yup.

They are a nightmare and no amount of complaining helps.

I find you have to go into reception in person to book anything. They do have an online sevice now to book into exercise classes which helps. A bit.

Good luck!

It's crazy! I had to walk down there this morning to book the cr?che for my son tomorrow, and I got attitude once again. They need to get it together my friend and I have been trying to get into a water aerobics class for over a month now.

Totally agree with all the comments.

I was told by reception that peak time classes are for members only - which I am, but I still have never managed to get booked into water aerobics once in well over 6 weeks!

I have stopped ringing the centre now as I know that the phone never gets answered.

Lishyloo that's good, I'm happy you do, that's what they supposed to be doing! Unfortunately for me I pay 46 as I'm not entitled to any public resources as I'm from oz, which is fine, but I do expect a good service for my money which they just don't deliver

Another one who has experienced noone answering the phone here too. Its very annoying. They should just have one member of staff whose job it is to answer the phone. Several members of staff also have attitude on the desk, obviously hate being there.

Absolutely ridiculously poor customer service especially for the price people pay for this place, they must get so many complaints. Peckham pulse is mildly worse than dulwich I think. I called yesterday and like others here couldn't get through. Today however after about 5-10 mins someone answered, I wanted to find out about enrolling for swimming classes and was told you can only do it on Monday and there is only one class which is on weds. I was so shocked I managed to speak to someone I forgot to ask what I actually needed to enrol, but just couldn't be bothered to ring again and face the automated service waiting for someone to reply. I'll just turn up and hope for the best. Terrible isn't it to feel so desperate!

I agree it is really silly, I work at Brockwell Lido and we have the same problem. It is just due to lack of staff on reception, as they just want bare minimum. I find that I may be dealing with a customer while the phone is ringing and by the time I am free, it has stopped, then another customer walks in, so on, making it impossible to answer more than a few calls.

I would advise complaining to Fusion head office as this is the only way anything will happen...if that even helps!!

I would go towards the end of a class and wait and then book for next class. It is likley that those who have managed to get in each time are able to book for the next time. This seems the only explanation otherwise there might be some cozy insider stuff going down. It'd be worth checking to see if the same people are there each week. Either way it is symptomatic of something deeply wrong in public sector services and needs to go right up to the top to be sorted. Leisure is a service industry- anyone with attitude should be given the boot pronto.

MichelleE Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's crazy! I had to walk down there this morning

> to book the cr?che for my son tomorrow, and I got

> attitude once again. They need to get it together

> my friend and I have been trying to get into a

> water aerobics class for over a month now.

Christ. However have you survived?

northlondoner Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> MichelleE Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > It's crazy! I had to walk down there this

> morning

> > to book the cr?che for my son tomorrow, and I

> got

> > attitude once again. They need to get it

> together

> > my friend and I have been trying to get into a

> > water aerobics class for over a month now.

>

> Christ. However have you survived?

Ha you're funny, obviously it's not about the walk it's about the attitude, wait, maybe you work there?

If you don't like the service then don't pay for it. Maybe if loads of people complained and stopped paying the overpriced memberships the leisure centre might sort themselves out. Maybe.

I have to spring to the defence of the counter staff i have always found them helpful especially over the last month when i lost my membership card and another time when a non member came along with me as a guest. Regarding phoning anywhere up nowadays be it a bank, insurance company, hospital its just getting a modern day pain.

Hi sb,

Fusion recently had their contract renewed.

I've complained about the phone issue and waiting a response from officers. This isn't the first time I've complained. The last time things did improve but disappointing to see things deteriate again. It shouldn't take much to have the phone answered in a reasonable number of rings with a helpful person on the end AND to have messaging system to confirm things running to plan AND to SMS text/email people changes to plans.

Hi there

It took me ages to sign up cuz they never answer the phone nor called me back. It is frustrating, indeed. Then I called another branch and the lady gave me the direct number to the ED branch. Try that (I no longer have it) or if you are very far away and/or have kids and coming in is a pain, send me a PM and I'll either phone them or walk down there for you.

--Today I went in for my usual 45 on the elipitcal and felt really annoyed because they programmed the machines to only go for 20 minutes a time to give others a chance....it wasn't even very crowded on a Tuesday late morning. They're management is off.

Anyways, hope I can help you!

bianca

To be quite honest, they do not care about the customers once they are signed-up. Having said that I would like to know how their contract has been renewed and what targets Southwark Council has in the contract, because by the mood here they are not being met.

Gut tells me that the best thing is for people to gather their thoughts together, contact a local paper and let them know the issue. Link it to the fact that the contract has been renewed by the Council and you have a story. Equally, if Fusion have similar issues in other locations then you have a story.

It's about time that businesses took care of their paying customers!!

Another disgruntled customer who attends Fusion leisure centres considerably less frequently than I would like as it is so difficult to either purchase a ticket before hand or establish if there are free places before hand..so need to turn up and Q for a class only to be told there are no spaces...

It is also not uncommon to be expected to wait in line for such long periods to purchase a ticket that a large portion of the class is over by the time you get to the reception desk.

Oh, and I also don't bother trying to get through by phone.