Homeopath or herbalist wanted

I hope someone can help. I am looking for a homeopath or herbalist that will be able to help with an allergy. I am not sure what is triggering the allergy but I am suffering quite badly with hives appearing anywhere at any time. I used to have an allergy 15yrs ago which I managed to get rid of with the help of a herbalist.

Many thanks in advance!!

Doozer

Ainsworths Homeopathic Pharmacy at 36 New Cavendish Street W1G 8UF do a telephone ordering service and will suggest things that might help you. You can also go in there and have a chat with the homeopaths over the counter. They will send remedies by post to you if you can't get in there. Have found them very useful in the past. Tel 020 7935 5330

They do not charge extra for advice.

He's not a homeopath, but I very highly recommend Daniel Tanguay. He uses various complementary therapies to get to the root of a problem and sort it.

Some years back he treated me for what looked as if it was heading for M.E. - I could scarcely walk to the end of the road.

He sorted it in three sessions.

He isn't cheap but it was worth every penny.

He used to live in Vauxhall but is now based in W1.

020 7409 1812.

• 1 year later...

rahrahrah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I know this may be a silly question, but have you

> seen a doctor? Homeopathy has no robust scientific

> basis and although I sympathise with your

> condition, taking sugar pills really won't help

> you.

xxxxxxx

Actually I think you'll find homoeopathy has helped a lot of people, and not just because of the placebo effect.

Bach flower remedies are based on homoeopathic principles, and the first time I came across their Rescue Remedy it greatly helped me when somebody gave it to me, even though I had no idea what it was.

Sue Wrote:

it greatly helped me when somebody gave it to me, even though I had no idea what it was.

I'm glad you felt that it helped you, but I'm not sure that taking substances with no understanding of what they are, or what their effects may be, is something to encourage.

To the OP - Please see a doctor before handing over money for sugar pills.

rahrahrah, the OP has specifically stated what she wants.

She has already said that a herbalist helped her previously with the same ailment (and yes, I realise that herbalism is quite different from homoeopathy).

If you don't want to use complementary methods, then don't use them, but please have the decency not to patronise intelligent adults on this thread. I studied sciences up to uni level, and a background in science does not preclude using homoeopathic and other complementary health practitioners who are working on a completely different basis to so-called science.

And I'd love to have your faith in doctors. My daughter was very seriously ill for six months earlier this year before finally getting a diagnosis from a hospital doctor which she should have had six months previously, with the result that she will now probably never be completely well again.

I nearly died when a "consultant" mis-diagnosed a ruptured ovarian cyst and peritonitis as "food poisoning".

And nearly went blind in one eye when a so-called doctor misdiagnosed an ulcer as an "allergic reaction to eye make-up."

And many "science-based" medicines cause worse side-effects than the original ailment the doctor prescribes them for. But that's OK, isn't it? Making money for the drugs companies.

Obviously in many cases a doctor would be the first port of call - but for hives, for goodness sake? That's exactly one of the things that probably a complementary practitioner could easily sort.

Just want to add - in the instance I referred to above, when I thought I had ME, I was actually under the "care" of my GP.

The GP said that it could not be diagnosed as ME until I had been ill for (I think) six months, but that yes, it looked very much like ME.

The GP was unable to sort it. I had been off work for weeks, could scarcely move from the sofa, and thought I was going to be medically retired.

A complementary practitioner (Daniel Tanguay) sorted it in three sessions.

"Scientific"? Depends how you define science.

Effective? Absolutely.

Yes, let's ignore systematic, double blind studies and instead base medical treatments on anecdote. On top of that why not try different substance with no idea what they may be. Don't go and see a doctor - that advice is just patronising. Instead pay someone to give you 'treatment' that The House of Commons Science and Technology Committee report and the Chief Medical Officer say "performs no better than placebos" and is based on principles which are 'scientifically implausible'.

rahrahrah Wrote:

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> it greatly helped me when somebody gave it to me,

> even though I had no idea what it was.

>

> I'm glad you felt that it helped you, but I'm not

> sure that taking substances with no understanding

> of what they are, or what their effects may be, is

> something to encourage.

>

xxxxxxxx

So that differs from taking drugs prescribed by a doctor - how?

If everybody read the long list of possible side effects provided with virtually every medically prescribed drug, nobody would ever risk taking anything :)

I gave my granddaughter a couple of drops of rescue remedy when she was in a state of distress after (I think) having bumped her head, upon which she immediately calmed down. She was four. She didn't know what it was.

And yes, had she needed to see a doctor I would of course have taken her to one.

BTW: If complementary treatments "don't work", how come people continue to go to complementary therapists, particulary since they have to pay?

I have had acupuncture in the past. I stopped going because I found it had only a short-term positive effect on the ailment I was seeking treatment for, and the positive effects did not continue.

I imagine nobody is going to keep pouring money into something which is not working for them.