dulwich plumbing and heating

LordLane

Just like to add my recommendation for Daniel,

Had no heating this morning (Sunday) with 2 young kids to look after. Daniel, and his mate, were brilliant. Came round first thing, sorted out the problem. Full of helpful, practical advice and very easy going.

Thanks to the them, and the EDF... much appreciated.

Daniel and his colleague fitted a radiator for me - which, when we turned it on, leaked everywhere. He was unable to come over to stop the leak and instead sent over Chris? his colleague ? who described Dan's work as "cowboy" and "a short?cut". I have since had another plumber look at his work who simply described it as "crap".

I asked Daniel for a refund for the leaky radiator - which he agreed at first, but we have yet to have the money and are being met with every excuse under the sun.

I have given several opportunities to rectify this in a professional and fair way, but to no avail. I don't like publicly damning someone, but feel I have no options left but to make people aware of his poor workmanship and professionalism. Should daniel return the money we agreed would be refunded to me, I will happily edit my post to reflect this.

*DO NOT USE DANIEL**

Daniel and his colleague fitted a radiator for me - which, when we turned it on, leaked everywhere. He was unable to come over to stop the leak and instead sent over Chris? his colleague ? who described Dan's work as "cowboy" and "a short?cut". I have since had another plumber look at his work who simply described it as "crap".

I asked Daniel for a refund for the leaky radiator - which he agreed at first, but we have yet to have the money and are being met with every excuse under the sun.

I have given several opportunities to rectify this in a professional and fair way, but to no avail. I don't like publicly damning someone, but feel I have no options left but to make people aware of his poor workmanship and professionalism. Should daniel return the money we agreed would be refunded to me, I will happily edit my post to reflect this.

*I WOULDN'T USE THESE GUYS EVER AGAIN*

Hi there this is Daniel from dulwich plumbing and heating, I've spoken to your upstairs neighbour and its not down to us that your ceiling fell through, I'm very sorry that it did but it was definitely not our fault, they had bought a faulty radiator, which they have now returned and will be sent a new one from the shop they bought it from, you can ask them if you want, I have nothing to hide. So could you please resolve this situation with your neighbour and remove that comment you posted on the forum. Thank you and hope you have a nice Christmas and prosperous new year. Thanks Daniel

Hi,

Just wanted to say that my partner being a plumbing and heating engineer himself has heard good things from other tradesman he knows about Dulwich plumbing and heating. Unfortunately, faulty goods do happen and it isn't always the tradesman's fault. The number of times my partner has been on an hours job for 6 hours because hes been sent a faulty PCB board or a shower screen with a design fault I cannot even count! I think whats important is the tradesman willingness to fix the problem and sort out emergency situations, just last week we had to leave a restaurant because a pipe had burst in Pimilco at 9pm on a Sunday and we rushed down there, my partner had fitted the pipe but turns out the carpet fitters had put an underlay nail through it, so my partners there fixing the problem and it wasn't even his fault but of course at first the client assumed it was!

Hi all,

I'm a landlady and have used Paul the plumber(07974855732)for a few years now! He is very reasonable on his pricing and is gas safe also. He can be called out at any time within reason and I have never a bad word to be said with him. Used him last week to do a landlords certificate and he fixed a leak whilst he was there free of charge, the leak that is. Anyway hope he can help you all.

Annie

I used Daniel following many recommendations on EDF. I would NOT recommend him or his company to anyone.

He has a) not completed the job b) carried out shoddy work - for example tiling over the threshhold and onto the hallway carpet c)claimed for work that he has not completed d)left my flat full of bags of rubbish taken from old bathroom and never disposed of these e) not turned up for work on several days with no information as to why f) not answered phone calls or text messages g) abandoned the project half way through leaving me in an extremely difficult sitatuion with an only partially functioning bathroom.

He seemed good at first, but as the work went on more and more strange stories emerged of workmen not being paid, not turning up because of this and so on. I would steer WELL CLEAR of this company.

I am retracting my original recommendation and would strongly recommend anyone to avoid using Daniel to carry out any plumbing work in their property.

I decided to use Daniel after seeing so many recommendations for him on the forum. After using him for a minor repair initially, I soon realised why he has so many recommendations. As well as mentioning it a number of times in person he also continued to pressure me by texting 4 times that evening until I had updated the forum. Despite this I was looking for someone I could use for my future property developments company and didn't want to let this put me off using him again so I appointed him to replace my rads and install my bathroom...A pretty standard job for any experienced plumber. On calling him to find out why he was an hour late to meet me at the property on the first day, not only did he not apologies for causing me to be late for work but he had the cheek to start questioning when he'll get paid. Once again, I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. Daniel was always in a rush and never concentrates fully on the job at hand and after the first day he disappeared for the rest of the week with no explanation. On visiting the property that evening, I was appalled with the mess he had left my house in. Half eaten burger and chips thrown on the floor, a leak through my newly plastered kitchen ceiling (which he failed to inform me about despite speaking to him on a number of occasions throughout the day), Black radiator fluid all over the floor and up the walls and floorboards torn up and left un-salvageable (see photos). He also left me with no running water or central heating and was un-contactable for approximately 3 days. I decided the easiest option was to pay him for what he'd done so far and get someone else to finish the job properly. I have since had 3 leaks from the radiators and 3 days before my tenants are to move in I have had another leak through my kitchen ceiling which has obviously caused staining and has damaged the electrics. On top of paying Daniel far more then he deserved just to stop the text messages and calls pestering for payment, I have also had to spend an extra ?500 to put right the damage that he caused. Every tradesman that has inspected his work have asked me the same question..'are you sure he is actually a plumber?'. So basically, if you want someone that is experienced, qualified, trustworthy, considerate and that respects your property...don't use Dulwich Plumbing and heating.

Christmas eve, boiler didn't fire up in the evenining. Sent sms to Daniel, and he replied within 30 minutes, offering to come round. Discussed the options, got the boiler started again by myself, but arranged a service anyway (overdue).

The service was done today, gas safe certificate now in hand, and a boiler that's behaving better.

FWIW, I worked with Daniel last summer too. Same experience - quick, reasonable price, and communicative (they also found a leak I was sure was there and which another engineer assured me was normal). Registered gas engineer with ID provided. As far as I know, Daniel at the end of the phone numbers I have doesn't do the gas work - he works with colleagues who are registered to do so and they show their ID. You only need to ask for it to satisfy yourself (as indeed I do).

I'd recommend Daniel of Dulwich Plumbing and Heating and have done. Oh, and I found him via this forum last year!

An unhappy experience was had by us with Daniel and his associates at Dulwich Plumbing and Heating. Daniel - I expect you'll be reading this so I will just point out that although you are happily reminding customers that you're available over Christmas, there has obviously not been quite enough time in your schedule to drop the refund you promised us round to our house in Penge for the incomplete (and faulty) work you did on the installation of our shower valve.

Sorry to have to post negatively when others seem to have been so happy, but we feel very let down indeed.

Blocked kitchen-sink drain; we rinsed great stinking gobbets of half-rotted food and coagulated grease down into the sewerage manhole, working backward with drainsnake and hosepipe, but fifteen pounds -- yes, we weighed the carrier bag -- of heart-attack fuel / fox food later the sink was still "slow".

Rang Daniel Ebrahimy, thanks to EDF recommendations. He sounded surprised to be asked to come by on the following day rather than RIGHT NOW DAMMIT. I point this out only because he seemed available, and happy to work, on a Sunday afternoon.

Appointment made for today, appointment kept today, drain spit-roasted MOST effectively (sink gasping in exhausted, free-flowing delight and WIDELY patent), two lads at the job -- video on request -- and the damages? ?180.

Is this dear? Is this cheap? I dunno. ?180 is a dent in the current account, certainly. But if in future tipping the chip-pan contents down the sink has the same consequences, I'll ring Dan.

Happy and well-drained New Year wishes to all.

Hi guys, we are new to the forum having not been in area long, dulwich heating and plumbing was the 3rd plumbing company we has round to sort our problematic boiler and were also the only ones that managed to solve the issue and without trying to sell me a whole new system!

Dan and hes mate Was prompt, very reasonably priced, and polite

Will defiently now be my plumber of choice when I have my new bathroom installed!

Sadly, I have to write saying we've been badly let down by Daniel and Dulwich Plumbing and Heating. I am very reluctant to criticise someone on an online forum, but being new to the area we followed the many positive recommendations for Daniel so I think it's important to tell people about our experience.

Daniel gave us a very reasonable quote for moving two radiators and installing a shower. At first it all seemed to be going well.

We were let down a couple of times by Daniel cancelling at the last minute and not turning up. However, despite taking days off work, I know that sometimes things crop up.

Daniel moved two radiators for us, and at this point started asking me for money which I stupidly gave him. He then asked me to write a recommendation on the forum for him, I replied saying that I would be happy to do that once he had finished the job.

By this point Daniel had done part of the work for the shower, we paid to have it tiled over and he was then supposed to finish the job for us.

This is when it all started going wrong.

Daniel simply did not turn up. I tried calling numerous times but he didn't pick up. But when I called on a withheld work number he answered and said he would come round the next day. My partner took a day off work, waited all day for him, nothing. Daniel then told us to get another plumber.

Alarm bells started ringing - and sadly our fears were confirmed. The new plumber confirmed that Daniel had screwed up the job - the torpedo shower simply wouldn't fit into the plumbing work he had already done. Tiles had to come off, we had to pay double for a simple shower fitting job.

In addition, the radiator that Daniel moved has now started leaking.

All I want is for Daniel to pay back the money that I paid him for a job he didn't do - but despite promising to do this he has let us down again. This saga has been going on since November - I've wasted money but to be honest the worst thing is the amount of stress.

(We were very happy with the new plumbers - the difference in the work couldn't have been more apparent - happy to PM details to anyone who is interested.)

Archived