Just finished 'Mad Men'....what next?

Definitely Firefly - just fab!

I watched Dollhouse as well - took some time to get going but 1/2 way into the box set, we were hooked.

For shorter episodes, we watch MASH - over and over again....

Will try some of the suggestions here!

If you like a bit of Scandi-drama and missed it on BBC4 The Bridge was brilliant - it's available now on Amazon. As is The Killing which was equally great. We've just bought Borgen to take on holiday with us. I missed Homeland but the box set isn't out until October unfortunately. Nothing will ever beat Mad Men but the new series is amazing.

there was also a series called Invasion, which was cancelled after one series, because it was up against Lost and it's marketing millions I suspect, but it was infinitely superior to Lost in every way - better scripted and more tightly plotted. Don't know how easy it would be to get hold of but so worth a look.

Have to 2nd/3rd suggestions for:

- Game of Thrones

- True Blood

- The Wire

- Glee

- Band of Brothers

- The Killing

Also:

- The Office (American version) is sooo good - especially from the second series onwards

- Inbetweeners (might be able to catch on 4oD to see if you like it)

- Misfits (ditto)

six feet under

west wing

we also watched the inbetweeners from start to finish in about 3 weeks recently. thought i'd hate it but it was hilarious though you might spend your time cringing with your head in a pillow. it's excruciating!

second most suggestions given. My top choices are The Killing/The Bridge/The Wire & Mad Men.

Totally agree first series of Prison Break is great, a really original idea, then it all gets ridic.

Also we liked Ashes to AShes when it was on, but had missed Life on mars, so went back and watched all of those (quite often buy series on iTunes), really enjoyed it. Also bought all the series of Waking the Dead which was pretty good.

About to start Breaking Bad...

oh - Quite liked The Hour when it was on, I know it suffered through being compared to Mad Men (unfair on any series!) but did quite enjoy it.