Doidy cup, does it really work?

how old is your baby? mine is 6 months and i am having similar trouble. i am just giving him water from a bottle as he just blows bubbles on everything else. he does it with the bottle too but also drinks a little bit.

I'm offering him different cups every so often as well as I'm hoping that he will catch on to water being for drinking!

we are alternating the doidy cup with a soft spouted sipper cup and have bought a firm spouted sipper cup to start trying too.

he does seem really interested in the doidy cup whereas the sippy cups he tries to bang them on the floor etc like toys.

i will be watching this thread with interest...

My eldest certainly did start to drink from a doidy cup long before she got the hang of a sippy cup. She did then manage quite young to drink from a normal cup (me holding it) if she needed to e.g. when out and about and needing a drink of water. But not sure if she'd have learned that just as well from a normal open cup or not.

Hmmmm, agree with Fuschia, tried and failed dismally! We always ended up with the standard Tommee Tippee cups with lids, easy for them to work out and much less mess. Cups with proper soft spouts/valves seemed to frustrate them.

Thank you for your replies, she is 11months and although he does drink water/juice from any beaker she refuses to drink milk from them. I've bought different ones to try but once she realises its milk she throws the cup :-/

kapaxiana Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thank you for your replies, she is 11months and

> although he does drink water/juice from any beaker

> she refuses to drink milk from them. I've bought

> different ones to try but once she realises its

> milk she throws the cup :-/

Hmmm quite high risk to try the doidy cup then!!

We used a doidy cup for water for a while which I think helped W get the hang of drinking from a normal cup. But I rarely bother with it now and usually use the tomee tippee ones for water because it's much less mess.

But he was never keen on milk and the only thing he will drink milk from is this Nuk bottle/cup hybrid: http://www.olivers-baby-care.co.uk/nuk-learner-bottle.html?utm_source=Google-Base&utm_medium=Web&utm_campaign=Gbase

It was recommended by a friend who tried everything for milk and it worked for her and us!