Missing Elderly Man from Nunhead

I am thinking of all of Pat's family and friends during this awful time. Please could you contact me when the next search is going on, I would like to come and help. Let me know any way I can help. Also, local residents who don't read this forum have approached me asking how they can help.

Has anyone looked on the covered reservoir (not the golf course one) next to Nunhead Cemetery?

Renata

Thank you so much for thoughts...

Quickly before i go out, the resevoir was covered by police on saturday afternoon. If anyone would like to help if you would like to meet @ 1330, Linden Grove outside Nunhead cemetry that would be lovely, we will then have certain areas which will have organised to search and to cover.

Regarding BBC and ITV cameras are tied up and stretched resources apparently due to the Euros.WTF!!!

Again myself and the rest of the family are overwhelmed by the support we are getting from the police and the whole of the community.

See all who are wanting to join the search for grandad @ 1330 nunhead cemetry-linden grove entrance

adam

Adam - all of us at The Rose are thinking of you - and remember - just focus on the family and finding grand-dad. Make sure you are eating and sleeping - not sure if you have been back? I'll check with Nadia later. We are missing you. Wish we could manage our time more to come and help and if we can we will. See you later.

Dawn and Nadia

Hi

My name is Suzanne I am a friend of Eileen who is one of Patrick's daughters and have spent time with Patrick and the rest of the family. I have been helping in the search for Patrick by expanding the message via Social Media in particular Facebook & Twitter. I have set up a page in Facebook and I really need your help apart from everything else you have been kind enough to do with putting up posters and already informing your social networks.

Would you go along to the Page in Facebook and LIKE & SHARE it. We have already gained a reach of over 18,000 people, and this forum seems an ideal place to get people in the area to expand the news and hopefully trigger someones thoughts as to his whereabout.

Patrick Connelly Missing Facebook Page

Very long shot, but I am sending out a newsletter today which goes to over a thousand people, and I will include links to the Facebook page.

Will also put it on the Goose website homepage.

Only takes one person to see it who might have some information.

Thinking of you all.

Just to keep you updated, I have posted on all the ITV and BBC and Channel 4 Facebook Pages, that are of news relevance, some of them took the post off immediately, some don't allow you to post and some have left it on. I also have a friend that is the co-presenter of Steve Wrights show and have contacted her. Waiting for her to come back to me. Hopefully it will be on the front page of a Southwark newspaper as well. I have posted on Radio 1, but I will post on the other radio channels. I know someone else is calling them as well.

Keep suggestion and ideas coming.

Heartbreaking to hear about this and I really hope the family get some solace form the amazing response. Just an idea but is there anyway to reach out to black cab drivers en masse? They are on the road 24/7 all over London.

Hope you get your grandad back safe and sound as soon as possible

I am pretty disappointed that BBC/ITV etc are not covering the story. This may seem a bit of a long shot, but perhaps going to RTE in Ireland would help? If they did something, perhaps it would make BBC/ITV do something? RTE would have contacts. I am a little removed from the popular radio shows there now, but I think there is Jo Duffy on RTE1. Also reaching out to 2FM for one of the morning shows would be good, because they have good ratings and are in public places etc.. With your links to Connemara and your concern that he may head to Ireland, I think this is a viable route to gain publicity and perhaps feed back to the UK.

UTV is another route (ITVs equivalent in Northern Ireland).. Just ideas! I wish I could be more helpful.

just a quick update that the bbc radio have now contacted us! They are thinking about doing a radio interview later this evening....missing people have been informed and his photo is up on the website already.

thank you for all your help

You could always contact the Galway Advertiser who have a Facebook page, well that's if your concentrating on the Connemara area, it's the county paper! Just a thought!

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks for help everyone. We have approached

> local radio stations but they've been a bit

> ploppy.

>

> Using the Irish media sounds a good tactic. We'll

> give that a try. Connacht Tribune is the local

> rag.

>

> If anyone has personal contacts, please would you

> pull some strings.

I tried ringing a radio show in Ireland but it went to voicemail. I've now emailed RTE (three radio shows, at either prime times or popular presenters). Once Mum gets in contact with me, she may be able to help further, I'll let you know.

Peckhamgatecrasher - I will pm you