>

> > -----

> > > News to me that the ED Co-op is trialling

> John

> > > Lewis click and collect!

> > >

> > > I shall investigate!

> >

> > The Camberwell coop is also doing this now.

> > Exciting times, being 10 mins walk away from a

> JLP

> > collection point rather than a 20 min bus ride

> > away!

>

>

> Except I stupidly assumed it would be free. But it

> isn't :(

Free for orders over ?30

https://www.johnlewis.com/customer-services/delivery-information/click-and-collect

Rebs_ED Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > seemster Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > Sue Wrote:

> > >

> >

>

> >

> > > -----

> > > > News to me that the ED Co-op is trialling

> > John

> > > > Lewis click and collect!

> > > >

> > > > I shall investigate!

> > >

> > > The Camberwell coop is also doing this now.

> > > Exciting times, being 10 mins walk away from

> a

> > JLP

> > > collection point rather than a 20 min bus

> ride

> > > away!

> >

> >

> > Except I stupidly assumed it would be free. But

> it

> > isn't :(

>

> Free for orders over ?30

>

> https://www.johnlewis.com/customer-services/delive

> ry-information/click-and-collect

Thanks!!!

DulwichFox Wrote:

> What is the point of Click and collect.. ???

>

> John Lewis and any other company will deliver to

> your door.

>

Because you can collect them at your convenience instead of having to wait in for them.

Loutwo Wrote:

> Sounds ridiculous to me. Why would anyone want to

> go and collect something when they can have it

> delivered at their convenience? Bizarre.

>

> Louisa.

Thats right,,

I take in parcels for my neighbours almost every week.. and they pick it up from me when they get home.

Some are quite big. Probably too big to leave at the Co-op. Where are they Left ???

Things I order on line (Very Rarely) I can Track on line as to when it will arrive.

The Joys of being retired..

Foxy

Loutwo Wrote:

> Sounds ridiculous to me. Why would anyone want to

> go and collect something when they can have it

> delivered at their convenience? Bizarre.

>

> Louisa.

Because many people work?

Because they don't want to pay an arm and a leg to have it delivered at the weekend or some other time when they are not working?

Because they don't want to take a day off to wait in for a parcel?

ETA: DulwichFox, not all companies use delivery services which enable you to track your parcels.

In some cases you only know a parcel will be delivered some time between 8 and 6, or even later.

That is massively inconvenient even if you aren't working.

And even if you can track a parcel, you often don't get details of the delivery time until the morning of the delivery, which again is pretty useless if you work.

It's often quicker to do click & collect too - can be available the next day vs a few days for home delivery.

Some places have a higher price threshold for free home delivery compared to free click & collect.

There is really no need to write off as 'bizarre' the fact that different people find different things convenient! :)

natty01295 Wrote:

> Its Going be a Small store

Angelina Wrote:

> although it will be a tiny waitrose, "little things......" :-)

No... it's not going a small Waitrose. It's not going to be a Waitrose at all. Because the whole thing has been completely made up. Move along.

fishbiscuits stay our of this please, you know NOTHING about the intentions of Waitrose, whereas Natty and I have already been told. I know you?re trying to look important on the forum, but it?s a bit cringe to be frank with you.

Rah you might want to change it again, go and heck the planning portal. Bunch of know-it-all?s on this forum.

Louisa.

Loutwo Wrote:

> fishbiscuits stay our of this please, you know

> NOTHING about the intentions of Waitrose, whereas

> Natty and I have already been told. I know you?re

> trying to look important on the forum, but it?s a

> bit cringe to be frank with you.

Is Natty even a real person? Seems like a bot to me.

Anyway, I tell you what... if you turn out to be right, I will buy you and Natty whatever you want in the East Dulwich branch of Bill's. And a humble pie + mash from Brexitspoons for myself.

Bill?s isn?t due to open until 2020, but I?ll stick to the deal. And yes I probably will order the fillet mignon, just so I can prove to you that being smart isn?t your best trait.

Shouldn?t you be in a fancy restaurant somewhere so people can look at you spending your money?

Louisa.

Don?t spoil the fun for fishbiscuits, Sue. Let them believe once again that they?re right. I?m looking forward to that nice big plate of humble pie being eaten up. I?m assuming you?ll only eat it if it?s organic, served on a chopping board, and people can watch you eating it through a window at the latest trendy eatery on LL, or maybe we could find somewhere a bit trendier for 2019?

Louisa.