Art classes for 8yr old???

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for an after school/weekend art class (or holiday workshops) for my 8year old daughter?

She's desperate to go to one. I've asked at school if they know of any and just spent an hour checking out mumsnet and famililies mag online and can't seem to find anything............

All suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks guys

Tulsie

Hi Tulsie,

We are running a Summer Holiday Art Club, details are below.

I also run a Saturday Art Club however we are not running this term until September.

Please email me if you wish to book on [email protected]

Kind Regards

Annabelle

[email protected]

www.club-tastic.co.uk

Artastic Art Days

Our Art days run from 09:00 - 16:00

They are jam packed full of different art activities and fun games!

We charge ?27 per child per day (sorry, no discounts given).

Enrolment form and payment needs to be given in advance to book your child's place.

Pack lunches and snacks must be provided and messy clothes are a must.

Mondays and Wednesday at:

JAPS, James Allen's Preparatory School, 144 East Dulwich Grove, London, SE22 8TE

Thursday in Beckenham!

Summer Art Days Themes are:

Monday 23rd July Season of Summer

Wednesday 25th July Olympics

Monday 30th July Sea Side

Wednesday 1st August Olympics (different activities)

Thursday 2nd August Olympics

Monday 6th August Holidays

Wednesday 8th August Olympics (different activities)

Thursday 9th August Sea Side

Monday 13th August Insects

Wednesday 15th August Parks

Thursday 16th August Animals

Monday 20th August Animals

Wednesday 22nd August Government

Thursday 23rd August Insects

Wednesday 29th August Insects (different activities)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Tulsie,

I am running an 3 day arts/crafts course next week - 24, 25 & 26 July.

There is a choice of times 9.00 - 12.00 or 1.00 - 4.00. The course is for 7 to 11 year olds.

Cost - ?60 for 3 days (morning or afternoon). I think this would be perfect for your daughter

We will start the course taking some photographs and each child will choose an image to help create their art pieces over the three sessions.

I am looking forward to sharing my enthusiasm for the arts with the children and for them to create some fabulous works.

Please call me on 07514 809027 or pm me for further information and to book a place.

I look forward to hearing from.

Best wishes

Viv

Photographer and teacher

Just to say that my daughter attended classes run by Viv (aka pink fringe) last summer and she really enjoyed them. Unfortunately we're away when the classes are being run this year but I have approached Viv for some individual tuition. I would recommend her.